News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Motor Oil

Started by ODZKing, September 14, 2014, 06:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ODZKing

When I change the oil in the 67 and 73, I generally use good oil, put some zinc additive in. Then I usually keep a quart of oil, among other things in the trunk, especially for trips.  So I happened to be at Walmart yesterday and thought I'd pick up a quart of oil to toss in the trunk.  I found this. Not terribly expensive which made me wonder, and I know it is a no name brand.  But like everything else, someone has to make it for them ... but the interesting thing is it says for 88 and older, with extra zinc.  Anyone ever seen this stuff or used it?

BSB67

It does not say 1988 and newer.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

ODZKing

lukedukem

I don't see why not, to put in your trunk to get you outta a jam

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

c00nhunterjoe

For the amount of money we invest in our cars, is a couple dollars for a quart of GOOD oil really worth the risk?

hawkeye

It appears to have the same zinc level as most diesel rated oils.

ODZKing

Well, that is my point I guess.  Just because it is a no-name oil doesn't mean it is bad. I mean who was Brad Penn before Hemmings and such started talking about their oil with the added zinc.
However all I can seem to find is it is distributed by Warren Performance Products.   :shruggy:
http://www.wd-wpp.com/upload/saved/Accel_1_PCMO_SpecSheet.pdf
The various reviews are much the same as here. Folks who have tried it say its fine, others say I won't try it because it is cheap. Just beacuse it isn't more than $10/qt doesn't necessarily make it junk.  But I would like to see more info on it.

Dino

I don't think it's the same as the oil I used, but it was 10w40 with zinc additive from Walmart.  I put a few thousand miles on the car with this stuff. 

It's motor oil, how bad can it be?  For a street car at least.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.