News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger Shoulder Belt retainer

Started by krigel, September 11, 2014, 11:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krigel

Question...which is the correct system for hanging the shoulder belt on a 68 Charger when not in use...the buckle clip style that goes under the visor mount, or the 2 retainer clips above each door?

6bblgt

...the buckle clip style that goes under the visor mount

fy469rtse

? isnt it both, belt hangs from bolt in roof at rear,
when not in use buckle clips into behind visor,
elastic strap keeps tension on belt and clips near coat hook ,

Ghoste

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

krigel

So to be clear...in a 68, you have the bracket under the visor that the belt clips to for storage, and you have the two black holding clips per side? I have seen only the visor clip, as well as only the roof rail clips. If I don't have to poke holes in my headliner, I don't really want to.

Charger-Bodie

70 has the black clips and 68-69 has the clip under the sunvisor with a snap at the rear to hold it all tight.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

krigel

Anyone have any of the visor brackets in good shape that they want to sell me?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: krigel on September 12, 2014, 07:56:49 AM
Anyone have any of the visor brackets in good shape that they want to sell me?

the repops are nice and not bad price either.

krigel

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: krigel on September 12, 2014, 08:11:10 AM
Where have you seen the best ones?

www.megapartsusa.com

Edit: call Jamie on the phone. I just went to look up a direct link to these and couldnt find them,and Ive gotton them from There so I know they have them. his number is 608 452 2045

Ghoste

I think Dino and I were talking about a different thing than the rest of you.  We were on the visor clip and the snap.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Ghoste on September 12, 2014, 05:30:29 PM
I think Dino and I were talking about a different thing than the rest of you.  We were on the visor clip and the snap.

Okay, gotcha!