News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seat foams

Started by justcruisin, September 24, 2014, 12:38:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justcruisin

Anyone know where to get front seat foams for a 71 R/T, I asked Legendary but they said - nope.

b5blue

They list 3 kinds for 70-71 E B A body but, I asked around for 70's also. Time to call them myself I guess!  :shruggy:

ottawamerc

Hey justcruisin  I'm in the same boat and I have search all over for new seat foams but they dont make 71's? Apparently the 71's have a one year only seat foam style even though the 71-73 Cuda Challenger looks the same there not. The Legendary Rep at Moparfest told me that we have to use regular block foam from a upholstery dealer and carve out our own :pity: I dont think it will be too big of a job and I'm trying it myself this winter when I replace my seat covers. I'll post my success and probably failures as I go :smilielol:

Scott :cheers: 
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

Dino

Quote from: ottawamerc on September 27, 2014, 06:53:16 AM
Hey justcruisin  I'm in the same boat and I have search all over for new seat foams but they dont make 71's? Apparently the 71's have a one year only seat foam style even though the 71-73 Cuda Challenger looks the same there not. The Legendary Rep at Moparfest told me that we have to use regular block foam from a upholstery dealer and carve out our own :pity: I dont think it will be too big of a job and I'm trying it myself this winter when I replace my seat covers. I'll post my success and probably failures as I go :smilielol:

Scott :cheers: 

It's real easy to do.  Use an electric meat carver to do it quick and easy.  If you lob off too much you can even stick it back with contact cement.   :yesnod:

Usually you can start with an existing seat foam that's a bit bigger than what you need but I wouldn't know which type fits that bill.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

I think you can get different firmness foam when you do it that way too, no?

justcruisin

Great Scott - lets know how you go, any tips much appreciated.