News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

my new carb

Started by Stegs, September 08, 2014, 10:41:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

It's a great feeling isn't it?  :2thumbs: :cheers:

Stegs

Quote from: Ghoste on September 15, 2014, 06:19:09 AM
It's a great feeling isn't it?  :2thumbs: :cheers:

yea, my dads truck is a 2012 superduty with the 6.7 powerstroke, it is kinda like that when the turbo spools .....

you go from just cruising to "throw you back" .......give you goosebumps

cant wait to change out the exhaust and get some sound!

My neighbors stop in once in a while and say that there have been a lot of black marks left in the area lately  :shruggy:

firefighter3931

Hey Scott,

Glad to hear the car is running much stronger than before.  :2thumbs:

A top shelf ignition system and well tuned carb make a huge difference huh ?  ;)

I remember you saying that the car had a hard time turning the tires over when you first got it....now it boils them through 3 gears.  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Stegs

Quote from: firefighter3931 on September 16, 2014, 08:54:23 AM
Hey Scott,

Glad to hear the car is running much stronger than before.  :2thumbs:

A top shelf ignition system and well tuned carb make a huge difference huh ?  ;)

I remember you saying that the car had a hard time turning the tires over when you first got it....now it boils them through 3 gears.  :icon_smile_big:

Ron

well it did, but when we pulled my old carter apart, turns out that some rods were bent? float was way off, not to mention the accelerator pump was bad too

the motor is strong, not 100% but very close.....Im wondering if in the spring I should replace the xr5 plugs with new, seeing the car ran most of the summer with a crappy carb

as far as the new one goes.....1st gear and mash the gas......those poor tire don't stand a chance......same goes thru 2nd gear...first part of 3rd!  :drool5: :2thumbs:

and will all new drum brakes all the way around....car actually stops in the lane....not halfway to the ditch or oncoming traffic!  :2thumbs:

ron your firecore ignition is awesome....before the car almost had a rough, choppy idle, sounded cool but had the distinct unburned fuel smell to it

now the car is much much smoother, idles nicer and cleaner....the exhaust almost has a different note with the firecore......180 degrees in the better direction!!

firefighter3931

Those of the kind of reports we all like to hear !  :2thumbs:

It's allways a great feeling when we make changes and there is a marked improvement in performance and street manners.  :icon_smile_big:

As for the plugs ; I'm pretty sure you won't have anything to worry about. The Firecore system has a monster spark and any fouling will get cleaned up in short order once the fuel curve is adjusted correctly. You can allways pull a few plugs to see if there is any carbon buildup but my guess is that you won't find any....they should be nice and clean.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Stegs

Quote from: firefighter3931 on September 16, 2014, 02:40:15 PM
Those of the kind of reports we all like to hear !  :2thumbs:

It's allways a great feeling when we make changes and there is a marked improvement in performance and street manners.  :icon_smile_big:

As for the plugs ; I'm pretty sure you won't have anything to worry about. The Firecore system has a monster spark and any fouling will get cleaned up in short order once the fuel curve is adjusted correctly. You can allways pull a few plugs to see if there is any carbon buildup but my guess is that you won't find any....they should be nice and clean.  :yesnod:

Ron

:cheers: :drool5: :2thumbs: