News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hellcat order banks open TODAY in USA

Started by War wagon, September 09, 2014, 07:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

el dub

Hellcat info. Gets to dealers in November. Only about 2/3 of dealerships will get 1 in the first round. Not some, one. For example, of all the dealerships in California, there will be only 89 Hellcat Challengers, in the initial 2 month dispensing of the first production run. No one knows what the factory is going to do after that, but you can guess  they'll see what they can do about cost (59,999.00 to start) and profit.

So far one has been sold for 125,000 in New York,,,expect all other dealerships to auction off their first car for similar profit, as selling vipers is a big loss for dealerships. 10,000 to 20,000 per viper.

The EPA gave it the estimated highway fuel use of 22 mpg.

With stock factory tires, it had 11.2 second quarter mile, at 125 mph

With drag slicks, it had 10.8 @ 126 mph

entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Ghoste

Dealers lose 20k if they sell a Viper?  How so?

el dub

I'd guess it would be the difference between the msrp and what they really sell for.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

GOTWING

i found a dealer that will sell for sticker  :nana:

War wagon

Quote from: el dub on September 25, 2014, 10:25:27 AM
I'd guess it would be the difference between the msrp and what they really sell for.

Dodge has reduced the MSRP on the Viper to $84,995 US.
And rumours persist of a supercharged V10 for next year......  :smilielol: :cheers:

Ghoste

I'm sure there are no dealers who are willingly losing 20k on anything.  They may be making 20k less profit than before but that isn't really a loss in my mind.  To me, a loss is when they sell it for less than they paid for it.

Dino

Dealers don't lose, consumers do.  Paying sticker price for a car is also not a deal, you're still grabbing your ankles.  I hope my Honda is good for a long time to come because I can only deal with these assholes once every decade or so...if I really have to.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

hemi-hampton

Rumor I heard is the Vipers V10 may get replaced by the HellCat's Supercharged engine :scratchchin:

War wagon

Quote from: hemi-hampton on September 25, 2014, 04:41:14 PM
Rumor I heard is the Vipers V10 may get replaced by the HellCat's Supercharged engine :scratchchin:

The Hellcat V8 doesn't fit in the Viper chassis they have said that on numerous occassions... It's too tall
But on Alpar reports of super chargers for the V10 that have supposedly been delivered to the plant /:)

Ghoste

Yes, I can imagine a supercharged V10 for Viper over a different engine altogether.