News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Students Save Dodge Viper Prototype From Getting Crushed

Started by mark0006, September 16, 2014, 12:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark0006

I don't understand why they want to crush this car after all this time.

from the article:
Back in 2007, Chrysler loaned an original Dodge Viper coupe prototype to South Puget Sound Community College in Olympia, Washington. The prototype was actually the fourth one built during the Viper's development days back in 1992. It's not street legal but the prototype was used for classes and as a promotional tool for the school's auto tech program. Needless to say, the Viper did its job very well at recruitment events. But just a few weeks ago, Chrysler informed the school that the car had to be disposed of, or in another word, crushed.

5 pictures and full article

Charger-Bodie

I was told that the reason they wanted them destroyed was due to Chrysler being held responsible for some accidents people had driving them on roadways. Even though they are not to be driven on the road .
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Brock Lee

I went to a vocational high school that had a few cars "on loan". The students would tear them apart and rebuild them. They were 70's cars and this was the late 80's. They were so outdated, they were to be "retired". They all were crushed and a new batch of cars was brought in to replace them.