News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

C pillar emblem on 2nd gen

Started by PtitRaisin, September 21, 2014, 03:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PtitRaisin

Hello all,

Can you tell me what Ø do you drill to put these small inserts into your 68-69-70 Charger sail panel?

I wanted to do it tonight, but I prefer be totally sure if it's well a insert and not a clip do put from the interior of the car.

Thxs
Quentin

plasticman-32

Ghoste

He is asking what size the holes are in the C pillar for the Charger emblem mounting studs.

PtitRaisin

In fact my roof is new so I have no holes in it.
Before apply painting I had traced the location on the body to put emblems and pre-drilled Ø 2 mm

Now I would like to drill the final diameter to put the little red inserts.

Do I have to drill to 4.5mm? That way it will lightly tightened at the collar. But it's still 0.5mm serration and I would not break out the paint when I'll push on the chrome emblem.
Quentin

Cncguy

I could be wrong but, I think those red things just replace the factory speednut. Drill for emblem these retain it on othe side.

PtitRaisin

Quote from: Cncguy on September 22, 2014, 04:00:34 PM
I could be wrong but, I think those red things just replace the factory speednut. Drill for emblem these retain it on othe side.

That why I prefered ask before drill.  ;D
So for you, it's not an insert but a stop pin.
Quentin

bill440rt

It's called a "barrel clip". You basically insert the clip into the hole, then press the emblem studs into the clip.
You don't have to use the clips. If your headliner is out, drill holes for the studs & use speednuts on the backside as original. Just be sure to use some sealer/caulk with the speednuts to prevent water leaks.  :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

PtitRaisin

Yeah head liner is off so I'd like to do it before reinstalling it.
Thanks Ghoste I'll follow your advice!
:cheers:
Quentin