News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 charger dash paint

Started by plasticman-32, September 04, 2014, 12:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plasticman-32

Can't seem to find a qt of it anywhere
Dose anyone know were to get some or is everyone pretty much using sem trim in a qt (spray thru a gun)
Thanks

Brock Lee

I get mine here http://autocolorlibrary.com/

You need to order it in lacquer and specify in the comments, instructions field to be sure they mix it as a suede finish. Just look up the 68 chip chart on their site and the interior paint codes will be listed on the back. I bought a quart about 6 months ago and it was about $70, but absolutely perfect.

Patronus

Any satin paint will do. Don't paint it glossy as the reflection will glare.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

C500

I got mine here. Be sure to get it in the 'suede' finish (reduces glare) http://www.tcpglobal.com/Automotive-Paint/Restoration-Shop/

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Shakey

Quote from: plasticman-32 on September 04, 2014, 12:08:10 PM
Can't seem to find a qt of it anywhere
Dose anyone know were to get some or is everyone pretty much using sem trim in a qt (spray thru a gun)
Thanks

That's what I used!

plasticman-32

Thanks Brock lee and c500 got the order in was about $70 bucks only prob was I live in CA no lacquer here so I ordered the enamel

john108

I painted my dash with the same base paint for the outside body, except I used PLC brand "26 Flat Clear" as a top coat.  It came out great!  It tones down the base color and leaves it flat.

Brock Lee

Quote from: plasticman-32 on September 05, 2014, 03:25:29 PM
Thanks Brock lee and c500 got the order in was about $70 bucks only prob was I live in CA no lacquer here so I ordered the enamel

Cali is weird about lacquer. I buy tons of it out of that state, but its residents can't buy it..makes lots of sense...lol.

Let us know how it comes out. It will be interesting to know if they found a way to replicate that suede texture in enamel. It is basically the same agent used in Organisol (which I buy from the same place). Enamel based Oraginsol would be awesome.