News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

UPS Freight delivered my new AMD quarter panel

Started by Ranman69SE, September 03, 2014, 10:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranman69SE

UPS FREIGHT dropped off my new quarter panel!  Apparently, it didn't quite fit into their UPS FREIGHT truck so their effing solution was to bend the effer in half.  What kind of moron does this?  Did I mention that it was UPS FREIGHT?   :brickwall:

'69 Charger SE 493
'65 Pontiac GTO 6.5 Liter Tripower 4-spd convertible
'78 Ford F250 4x4 SuperCab 460
'85 Yamaha FJ1100
'91 Yamaha FJ1200

Ghoste

Cncguy

I had the same problem with some trunk trim I bought on eBay. UPS shipped it bent, said I would get my money back
I still haven't seen that money.

ODZKing

Quote from: Ranman69SE on September 03, 2014, 10:09:12 AM
What kind of moron does this?  Did I mention that it was UPS FREIGHT?   :brickwall:
What kind - UPS!
As I have mentioned many times in other threads, I have NEVER had anything delived to my house via UPS that wasn't damaged. When I order things now, if they ship UPS I ask if they will send by another carrier.  If they won't I cancel the order.
I don't know how they stay in business.  I don't know for the life of me whay ANYONE would use them.

Indygenerallee

That will buff right out!! I share your pain with UPS.. I ordered a 650cfm Edelbrock about a month ago, the box looked like a elephant had sat on it, literally!
when I pulled it out of the wrap they had managed to break the electric choke into a million pieces as well break the choke stands where it mounts to the carb!! I called the seller and they sent me a replacement thankfully at no cost to me. UPS is worthless IMO, I would never in a million years ship any large sheet metal parts with them. Both my full quarters were shipped from AMD with Overnight freight lines and I sent them back 3 times before I got a damage free set.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: ODZKing on September 03, 2014, 10:21:39 AM
As I have mentioned many times in other threads, I have NEVER had anything delived to my house via UPS that wasn't damaged.

That's why I call them United Parcel Smashing.

Old Moparz

That photo is amazing, but not that surprising either.  :brickwall:

I ordered a new computer monitor at work that was shipped UPS. The box was clearly marked fragile & that it was a computer monitor. The driver brought it in, some idiot in my office signed for it & I was called to come get it. The box was soaking wet, crushed & partially open so I knew the monitor was going to be wet & destroyed. The replacement monitor arrived a few days later in a dry box, but that one was crushed & had footprints on it. The foam inside was broken & the monitor casing was cracked like a hard boiled egg. I didn't order a third one, I went to a local store, bought one & turned in the receipt to be reimbursed.  ::)

Any part I have ever sold was packed well or crated so UPS, or any other carrier, couldn't hurt it. Same goes for when I packed & shipped artwork & antiques & in the 35+ years I have shipped things I can say that nothing has ever been lost or damaged.   :Twocents:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

JB400

No respect for anyone's property none whatsoever. I hear FedEx is the same way.  I'd talk to the highest in command that you can get a hold of and have them replace it.

myk

UPS, Fed Ex, USPS; kill 'em all.  Then again, I'm pretty sure the workers there are never held accountable for anything and they can pretty much do as they please, so I don't think change for the better is very likely in the future...

Challenger340

They're "OUT" on this may be.... that it does not say "DO NOT BEND" on the box ? 

Not that it matters, as I don't believe the moron who did that could READ anyway ?

Did you say UPS Freight ? was the Shipper ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

tan top

oh crikey !! sorry to see this !!  :brickwall: :brickwall:  
I must of been one of the lucky ones ,  never had anything been damaged by UPS , always been really good service ,  :shruggy:
although
reminds me one time ! ,((( not on this scale but ,  morons  that should not be employed or doing the job ))))   mentioning no names , years ago I ordered a set of felpro valve cover gaskets ,  these ones were made out of  fiber stuff , with a black coating ,( before the good rubberish ones ))  with other stuff , anyways when , my parcel arrived  , opened it up & they had bent the last 2 inches of the valve cover gasket box in half  ,(  yes the gaskets were snapped in half too inside ), to get them , to fit in the main box  :flame: , there was plenty of room to put it in diagonal ! &  it was well packed  , so it had not moved in transit .

I phoned up straight away & told them what they had done  , !  they were full of  apologizes ,  we will send you two pairs as a good will gesture straight away  :yesnod: etc , !!  next day box turned up , soon as I saw it !! thought oh no !! FFS , it was  shorter than a big block valve cover ,  :brickwall: :P  opened the main box up !! sure enough two pairs ,  two boxes folded neatly in half !!  what retards do this !!  managed to salvage one gasket from each box !!  !!  :yesnod: ::)
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ranman69SE

Their "out" is almost always "it was not packaged properly".  I filed a claim with UPS, and I spoke directly to AMD.  I originally ordered it from Summit Racing, so in the end I did the return thru them.  They had UPS come and pick it up, and issued me a total refund, shipping included.  Class act.  Summit filed a claim with UPS and was issued a partial reimbursement for damages, but not for the full amount.   ::)
'69 Charger SE 493
'85 Yamaha FJ1100
'91 Yamaha FJ1200

moparnation74

Man I am sorry to see that.  I can only imagine what went through your mind when you saw it.  If I was present at time of delivery,  I would have refused the shipment.

charge69

I have seen and received some terribly handled packages from both UPS and FedEx but never in that condition!  Did they actually think you would accept it that way?  What a bunch of Tards!!   

At least Summit made it right for you but I am interested in how they shipped the replacement. 

Ranman69SE

They were supposed to contact me 24 hrs in advance of the delivery, which they did not do.  My daughter signed for it, I was away.  I missed the guy who came to pick it up too.  Sneaky bastard, I'm sure he was the one who originally dropped it off!

I have not yet ordered a replacement, but if/when I do, I'm going to have it sent to a commercial location, like a friends auto shop.  Residential deliveries are obviously made using smaller trucks.
'69 Charger SE 493
'85 Yamaha FJ1100
'91 Yamaha FJ1200

ODZKing

The last item(s) I ever got was sill plates for my 73 from Herb's.  When the guy dropped them off at the house, I had heard the truck and started to the door.  I saw him run, I mean RUN back to his truck. The long triangle package was destroyed.
Herb's replaced them, no problem.

bakerhillpins

:o  I have gotten to the point that nothing surprises me any more.   :slap:

My theory on this is that there is a finite quantity of intelligence in the world and the population isn't getting smaller, you do the math. 
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

F8-4life

Wow.
I bet it took some effort to even bend it that bad. How can one not see they are damaging the goods?
Ungrateful people with jobs. After a wile they become brain dead it seems.

fy469rtse

i thought it was just something that happened to me,
i think they use the opening scene out of the movie pet detective, where Jim carey is a delivery man for their training video.
imagine when a part gets to me in Australia like that,
so many hands have touched it and added there damage  :brickwall:

fy469rtse

dont let it go , be the man who changes how they do things,
the rest of the staff will be quick to change there ways when the guy who did this is let go and replaced by someone who appreciates having a job ,
but in saying that ,
i think it will buff out, the box makes it look worse

Stevearino

Reminds me of the opening scene from "Pet Detective" where Jim Carrey disguised as a UPS man  is walking and whistling dragging a package  along a fence then letting elevator doors smash the box . When he eventually delivers it the guy asks him " What is this?" He replys " I'm sure it was something nice".

I was told by someone with first hand knowledge of their central distribution hub which  I believe is in Louisville Ky. that the workers seem to go out of their way to create havoc with the packages. I was shipping posters in tubes at the time and was always filing claims for destroyed merchandise and I was told they love those tubes because they make for excellent bats in a pick up game of warehouse baseball. I changed my packaging to those triangle boxes and started mailing them and believe it or not they all started making it to where they were sent. These are the guys that give labor unions a bad name.

stripedelete

Definitely an indication business is good at UPS.
But, I think Bakerhillpins is on to something.

TUFCAT

I've been F'd by the men in brown also....but that's BAD.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:  There's no excuse for that shit.

A12 Superbee

This is only going to become more common sadly. Ebay sellers are now encouraged to take part in the 'Global Shipping' program. What this means is that all items leaving the USA destined for overseas buyers, like me in Australia, go to an onforwarding company, in the case of Ebay its Pitney-Bowes in KY. Once the parcel arrives there, they reserve the right to open it and re-package it, in laymans terms this means they make it lighter by removing such unnecessary stuff like bubble wrap, cardboard re-inforcement etc, then they cram it into a lighter box and send it off, thereby making Pitney-Bowes even more money.

At this very moment I am waiting on delivery from the US of about the most fragile things you can send, a set of 69 Coronet wheel arch trims. I have been assured by the seller that the box he is sending them in is suitable for the journey, right up until Pitney-Bowes get thier stinkin hands on it!

Google them and add the word complaint, there's a horribly long list of disgruntled buyers out there yet Ebay continue to use them. In the end it's the sellers that will suffer financially and start refusing to sell overseas and the buyers, like me, will struggle to source parts.

We can put a man on the moon but we can't send a box undamaged from one side of our planet to the other. :shruggy:
A12 Dodge Superbee Coupe 4 speed Car number 157 in the A12 Registry.
XBGT Ford Falcon sedan, same model as Max drives in The Roadwarrior, the yellow car he starts off in.
WANT: Triple black 68 or 70 Charger!

duckmanreno

Quote from: A12 Superbee on September 03, 2014, 08:43:21 PM
This is only going to become more common sadly. Ebay sellers are now encouraged to take part in the 'Global Shipping' program. What this means is that all items leaving the USA destined for overseas buyers, like me in Australia, go to an onforwarding company, in the case of Ebay its Pitney-Bowes in KY. Once the parcel arrives there, they reserve the right to open it and re-package it, in laymans terms this means they make it lighter by removing such unnecessary stuff like bubble wrap, cardboard re-inforcement etc, then they cram it into a lighter box and send it off, thereby making Pitney-Bowes even more money.

At this very moment I am waiting on delivery from the US of about the most fragile things you can send, a set of 69 Coronet wheel arch trims. I have been assured by the seller that the box he is sending them in is suitable for the journey, right up until Pitney-Bowes get thier stinkin hands on it!

Google them and add the word complaint, there's a horribly long list of disgruntled buyers out there yet Ebay continue to use them. In the end it's the sellers that will suffer financially and start refusing to sell overseas and the buyers, like me, will struggle to source parts.

We can put a man on the moon but we can't send a box undamaged from one side of our planet to the other. :shruggy:

I thought the saying was "we can put a man on the moon but we can't make a decent cup of coffee"
22 Ford F-150 5.0 super cab FX4 hunting rig and tow vehicle
92 Toyota Tercel.  Commute Car
69 Charger 383 4 speed project car.
73 Boston Whaler Montauk

A bad day hunting beats a good day at work!