News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

UPS Freight delivered my new AMD quarter panel

Started by Ranman69SE, September 03, 2014, 10:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baldwinvette77

WOW.... Im amazed that guy even has a drivers license, thats some homer simpson-ape shit right there  :o

Ghoste

Because in corporate world, customer service is just a term in the mission statement to cheer up the team members as they assist the clients in the friendliest ways.  The only thing that really matters is profit and lots of it.  We need fewer marketing majors and more leaders who actually care about the product or service they provide.
And as for the blue collars in the distribution hub, they should be fired.  If they are unionized that is impossible of course and that helps encourage the behaviour as does a corporate mentality of profit at any cost.

Whew, glad I got my daily dose of cynicism out of the way. :RantExplode:

six-tee-nine

I read about a drivers licence a couple of posts up.....

I dont know about the US but over here I think you cannot get a job as a delivery guy if you dont drive like a madman.
I'm surprised they dont loose their licence because of their driving behaviour
Most of these guys look like they have rabies or some deadly disease so they dont care about their life anymore.

I think they keep tatto's on their arms counting the cars they hit over the years like the fighter planes did in WWII
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

bill440rt

There is a difference between accidental damage (incorrect packaging, falling, etc), and damage that was clearly done purposely. That is horrible.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

In all my years sending/receiving packages, most damages occurred with UPS. Including a 6-pack setup. Still wondering how the heck the UPS delivery guy managed that.  :shruggy:  :brickwall:
Next is USPS, who is a nightmare dealing with any kind of postal insurance claim.  :scared:
I've had the best luck surprisingly with FedEx.  :yesnod:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Ghoste

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Ranman69SE on September 03, 2014, 12:22:14 PM
Their "out" is almost always "it was not packaged properly".  I filed a claim with UPS, and I spoke directly to AMD.  I originally ordered it from Summit Racing, so in the end I did the return thru them.  They had UPS come and pick it up, and issued me a total refund, shipping included.  Class act.  Summit filed a claim with UPS and was issued a partial reimbursement for damages, but not for the full amount.   ::)

Yep that's always their out . IMO if that's how it is they should refuse to pick it up until it is packed right.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Dreamcar

Thank God you didn't order NOS quarters!!!!

I can't imagine the effort that went in to bending the panel like that!  :o

So far, I've had every company deliver something to me (UPS, Canpar, Purolator, Fedex, Canada Post, etc), and luckily this has not happened...yet.
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

Patronus

Ya, welcome to the club! I have 3 ebody fenders now because they keep delivering damaged ones. Thank you UPS for all the patch metal. Rule #1: You MUST sign for it yourself. Never ever let someone else do it. I would be willing to bet AMD receives some type of return/complaint/hassle regarding 85% of their orders. Until they find a suitable shipper it's your job to let them know. How can a company continue to hand out free replacement product at their own expense? I have never received an undamaged part from AMD ever.  :brickwall:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Ghoste

And thats just it, they DON'T hand them out at their own expense, that cost is always passed on to us.  If you ever think AMD sheet metal is too expensive, remember part of their overhead is making up for crappy shipping practices.

moparnation74

In Texas the UPS workers are Union members.  I have a friend who is a supervisor at UPS which that position is non union of course.  They have their employee issues but here is the problem.  He told me at one point he went to his superior and said, "Why don't we get rid of these workers due to the complaints/problems at work."  Supervisor stated, "If I fire the 11 in question, I just end up rehiring 11 with the same problems and we lose revenue for training them."
   He also told me with the new healthcare law, UPS offers those employees who need it, full payment to acquire it.  So yes, UPS pays for that out of pocket and it also keeps UPS from getting fined for not provding traditional insurance.  Get this.  Under the healtcare law to be eligiable employees have to work a minimum number of days per calender year.  So my friend said the employees figured out that they only have to work a minimum of three days per week.  That is it.  He said that is what most will work.  Why fire them, when you hire new ones doing the same antics is what he stated to me.  An absolute mess.

Ghoste

Old Moparz

Something else I thought about that contributes to this problem is that a buyer will usually not pay additional fees to package things the way they NEED to be packaged. It's either they can't afford the extra cost, or that they are simply too cheap & don't want to pay. It's understandable because we all try to save money when we can. If something can be safely packed in a cardboard box that's fine, but oddly shaped, or extremely fragile items need to be protected better. There is no excuse for incompetence like the knuckledragger that bent the quarter panel, but accidents, vibrations, bumps to packaging & such, do happen & will destroy things if not packed right.

I had a bunch of NOS stuff I was selling several years ago that wasn't being reproduced at the time. I stated in my ad that the parts were going to be shipped in a wooden crate & shipped DHL ONLY or I wouldn't ship it at all. At the time DHL shipped domestic, didn't have size restrictions, & were about 30% less than the competition. I didn't charge any extra for making the crate, only for the materials that ran about $20 to $40 depending on the size & it was in the price I was asking for the part. Everything I sold arrived undamaged & one person even sent me a follow up email thanking me for crating it.

People I know used to work at UPS & I heard the horror stories that went on just like poster tube baseball. I also have experience from working at a few places that pack & ship, so I have witnessed these things myself. If you keep the following things in mind you can see why things arrive broken.....

If the package is small & light enough to be thrown into a truck, it will be thrown into a truck.
If the package is flat, it will be placed flat & things will be stacked on top of it or walked on.
If the package is big, it will be used to stack smaller items on top of it, even if they weigh 200 times more & will crush it.
If the package is not square & shaped weird, it will be shoved & pushed to make it fit between square packages.
If the package is made with recycled, Asian cardboard with dirty socks used to wrap fragile items, it will not protect what's inside from a fart let alone a gorilla in a brown uniform.

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Troy

That panel would be ridiculously hard to bend in that fashion!

Remember the quality control (or lack of) of our cars from the factory? The guys who worked in the factories cranking out garbage have had to move to new jobs as manufacturers moved production overseas. You can't outsource service jobs though! I don't know how many of the younger generation manage to dress themselves in the morning - let alone function at a high capacity on the job - so I can't say I'm really surprised. Throw in union contracts and fear of lawsuits and it becomes easier to just eat the damage claims and hope all your customers don't bail on you.

FYI - I ship everything FedEx or USPS (if it's small enough). I order a ton of stuff online and I'll cancel the order if I find out it's coming UPS because the UPS driver that delivers to my home is totally incompetent. I could have stuff shipped to work because that driver is awesome but I don't feel right if someone else has to sign for or move around all my (heavy) boxes. And I work on the 4th floor so hauling it all back down to my car sucks!

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

CDN72SE

Everything I have ever received from UPS has been damaged as well, inclusing 71 R/T Taillights, Gull Wing spoiler, etc. Sorry to see your damage.
1972 Charger SE

TUFCAT

Another vote for FedEx ...and they're usually cheaper than the Brown TURD.

Mike DC

QuoteIn Texas the UPS workers are Union members.  I have a friend who is a supervisor at UPS which that position is non union of course.  They have their employee issues but here is the problem.  He told me at one point he went to his superior and said, "Why don't we get rid of these workers due to the complaints/problems at work."  Supervisor stated, "If I fire the 11 in question, I just end up rehiring 11 with the same problems and we lose revenue for training them."
   He also told me with the new healthcare law, UPS offers those employees who need it, full payment to acquire it.  So yes, UPS pays for that out of pocket and it also keeps UPS from getting fined for not provding traditional insurance.  Get this.  Under the healtcare law to be eligiable employees have to work a minimum number of days per calender year.  So my friend said the employees figured out that they only have to work a minimum of three days per week.  That is it.  He said that is what most will work.  Why fire them, when you hire new ones doing the same antics is what he stated to me.  An absolute mess.

Sounds like the same old story to me.  

A big corporation sets up absolutely zero accountability for their workers' performance, pays far too little to attract normally intelligent & sober workers, and then complains that the problem is a generation of lazy bums.

For some reason you never hear of hospitals having these kinds of problems getting decent surgeons.  It's funny how real accountability + good pay = all the competent workers you can hire.  

Patronus

My big brown Santa usually slips into my shop when my back is turned - only to bullshit about some crappy Chevy his neighbors dog groomers twin had back before seminary school.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Tilar

Quote from: Challenger340 on September 03, 2014, 12:07:26 PM
They're "OUT" on this may be.... that it does not say "DO NOT BEND" on the box ? 

I'd bet their trucks don't say "Please don't smash the windshield" either.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

sdweatherman

I certainly hope you emailed that picture to AMD to let them know how their preferred shipper is handling their product! I also use FedEx and have had no problems the last 3 years.
Scott.
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus GY8/318/Auto
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus GB7/318/Auto factory Sunroof
1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus EV2/400/Auto factory Sunroof

Troy

One other thing to note... I had a pair of full quarters from AMD a while back and they came in giant rectangular boxes (like my CBD version). They had some padding to keep the quarter from shifting but not a lot. I assume those got dented regularly but it would be nearly impossible to bend one. I bet the dimensions were so big that shipping wasn't easy so this is the result.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

morepower

wow! how do they think that'd be a good idea?! idk!
1968 Dodge Charger 496 Sublime Green 3.91 torqueflite. Built to drive. Best ET 11.73 at 117

2010 SRT Dodge Challenger 6.1 Hemi Orange 5 speed automatic. Daily Driver. Best ET 13.4 at 105

VegasCharger

Quote from: fy469rtse on September 03, 2014, 05:09:36 PM
i thought it was just something that happened to me,
i think they use the opening scene out of the movie pet detective, where Jim carey is a delivery man for their training video.
imagine when a part gets to me in Australia like that,
so many hands have touched it and added there damage  :brickwall:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2sObM9p9mQ

Mike DC

QuoteThey're "OUT" on this may be.... that it does not say "DO NOT BEND" on the box ? 

Man, how funny would it be to see that little disagreement taking place for real?

Tilar

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on September 05, 2014, 10:39:35 PM
QuoteThey're "OUT" on this may be.... that it does not say "DO NOT BEND" on the box ? 

Man, how funny would it be to see that little disagreement taking place for real?

lol, That might be worth ring side seats to watch.  :hah:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.