News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

using one hedmen and one hooker header

Started by gonzoe, September 18, 2014, 02:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gonzoe

i have a set of hookers and a set of hedmen what kind of problem will there be if i use one of each .. the hooker on the driverside fits perfect and the hedmen on the passenger side fits perfect . having clearance issues with the hedman on the driver side and having problems with the angled plugs on the passenger side with the hookers .. ?? anyone tried this before? cant afford tti

HPP

If they are both the same sized tube diameter and somewhat similar in length, I don't see any issue with it.

Dino

Quote from: HPP on September 18, 2014, 02:29:58 PM
If they are both the same sized tube diameter and somewhat similar in length, I don't see any issue with it.

:iagree:

If that's how they fit best then go for it!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

68X426

Hookmen work every time.  :2thumbs:

Use two different mufflers just in case.  :lol:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

gonzoe

hookers are 1 7/8 and hedmen are 1 3/4.   

Dino

Quote from: gonzoe on September 18, 2014, 03:29:23 PM

No kidding?  Never knew that.  Still, would it be all that noticable on a street car?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

69wannabe

Take the hammer to the heddman in a couple of places and it will work fine, thats the way mine is. I have put on both brands and the driver side heddman has to be dented in a couple of places and it will fit pretty good. The hookers I put on the last 440 charger had to beat the crap out of the passenger side header to keep it from hitting on the torsion bar!!  I would rather have the bigger tubes  1 7/8 but by the time you beat them to death to make them fit i'm not sure the 1 3/4 tubes aren't just as good since they seem to fit slightly better. Just my experiance with these brands. Only put one set of TTI's on and they did fit perfect without using a hammer!!  :yesnod:

HPP

Quote from: gonzoe on September 18, 2014, 03:29:23 PM

Well, that wouldn't be my preference with this mismatch and not knowing the rest of our engine specs, I have no way of even guessing the impact. In all honesty, the difference may only be a 5 or 10 hp on an average street car, so you could realistically get away with it.

Some astute people will notice it an ask you, so prepare your answer before hand.

myk

Nothing wrong with beating on a header to get it to fit.  People have been doing that since day one...

BSB67

Intentionally mixing primary tube sizes is nothing new.    Although I'm not aware of people doing it like this.  In theory you should end up with a broader power band, and possibly higher average power over the larger range.  Peak power should be lower. 

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph