News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

coloration consideration

Started by The Ghoul, March 19, 2006, 02:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

what color should I paint my non-stock 73 se charger?

blue/green chamelion
sublime green
plumb crazy

The Ghoul

I just found more pics of my 98 ls-1 firbird   :'(
The color was gm's blue green chamelion. in some light it looked like a briliant jade and in other light its like a deep blue.. it was hot.
I forgot just how much I love the color on it, and I saved some paint chips after the accident so color matching will be no big deal. Im just wondering if the color would work on a 73 charger. I will be doing a lot of body work on this car my self (stuff I have never done before) so I think a darker color would be better than the bright sublime green like I had planned before.
Yesterday charger kid and I picked up a car that had a plumb crazy rear valance and dash and it looked sharp.
so what do you guys think
keep in mind this car will not be stock in appearence or in drive train/intirror.
its going to be 3/4 black vynal top
droped
shaved door handels
fiberglass pin on bubble hood
fiber glass front fenders
fiberglass pin on trunk lid
very custom black/gunmetal intorror

The Ghoul

hey guys, some feed back here would be appreciated.
Why did you vote the way you did??
I threw my vote on the firebird green to simply view the results.
I think the green would work on the charger but I dont know if it would look as hott as the plum crazy.
Like I said I love the sublime green but it just seems to me it might be too easy to see my rookie body work.

golden73

I voted for sublime green, because it looks amazing on 3rd gens.

Why not wait until all the body work is done before you decide? You might do a better job than you think, so you could go with sublime green!  ;)

The Ghoul

Quote from: golden73 on March 19, 2006, 10:32:50 PM
I voted for sublime green, because it looks amazing on 3rd gens.

Why not wait until all the body work is done before you decide? You might do a better job than you think, so you could go with sublime green!  ;)
Im the type to think of things faaaaaar in advance.
maby it would help for a bit of a visual of what I want to do
this is what I was thinking (im  going to keep the se lover windows they were too hard to photo hack in )
low shaved
good handeling
quick
and the intirror a bit on the ricy side (no flat screens tho)
slick panels, intagrated speakers very clean.
at least thats what I had in mind.

Silver R/T

subliime green would look nice imo
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

greenpigs

How about one of the colors half the mopars on the road are not painted.

Go to a body\paint shop and look at the color selections, then choose one.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

The Ghoul

Quote from: greenpigs on March 20, 2006, 09:08:14 AM

thats why I loved the idea of the blue gree chamelion.
I havent found one mopar painted this color. and I havent found a 74 with a color any where close to this.
the sublime green and plum crazy are just two colors I have seen on these cars before and thought were very sharp.

The Ghoul

Quote from: greenpigs on March 20, 2006, 09:08:14 AM

thats why I loved the idea of the blue gree chamelion.
I havent found one mopar painted this color. and I havent found a 74 with a color any where close to this.
the sublime green and plum crazy are just two colors I have seen on these cars before and thought were very sharp.

The Ghoul

^^^^oops, guess that makes me a two pump chump ^^^^^ :rotz:

Recharger

I say go for the blue-green color.  (Sounds like you want to anyway.)  As long as you're going to modify the car as much as you're talking about, you might as well go with a non-stock color.  It would kinda be like a tribute to your fallen firebird, too.

The Ghoul

Quote from: Recharger on March 21, 2006, 12:20:14 AM
I say go for the blue-green color.  (Sounds like you want to anyway.)  As long as you're going to modify the car as much as you're talking about, you might as well go with a non-stock color.  It would kinda be like a tribute to your fallen firebird, too.
I didnt mean to sound bias in this..
these three are the colors I am equally fond of.
I like that the blue green is a non stock color but im not sure if it would work with the body style.
sublime green and plum crazy look awsome on these cars but im affrade if I paint it a stock color more people will be dissapointed that its not a stock car.

6pkrunner

Sublime is nice on a third gen, but I am not a fan of any pin on parts, except for a track only car. The 69.5 runners and bees exclude of course. ;D

41husk

What is the difference between sublime and sassy grass?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Brock Samson

:devil: this is sublime,.. everybody knows sublime...

this is sasy grass.  :icon_smile_tongue: about 1 .5 shades of green. o.k. maybe two.

but not as dark as most  :sick: and a non mettalic.

The Ghoul

Quote from: Stratocharger on March 21, 2006, 01:10:08 PM
:devil: this is sublime,.. everybody knows sublime...

this is sasy grass.  :icon_smile_tongue: about 1 .5 shades of green. o.k. maybe two.

but not as dark as most  :sick: and a non mettalic.
well done!

The Ghoul

looks like the fans want the sublime green..
have to mulll it over for a good long time....
luckley I have the time  ;D

rare69

you dont see to many vitaman-c orange third gens out there, and is a killer color on olmost enything. :yesnod: just my opinion.

The Ghoul

it would clash with the ink!! LOL

Charger1973

Im going Plum Crazy with my 73.  I vote for chameleon for yours, because I think you really like that color and it does look good on a mopar.  I wish I had pics, but I had a 73 Roadrunner clone painted that color a few years back.  Only thing, I would recommend against the vinyl top, it wont look right with the "modern" paint color.  The SE louvers could work if filled into the body so they were smooth... but that color really requires everything to be smooth and sleek to look right.  Sublime...  nah.  Looks great on 71 R/Ts, but I have yet to see a 72-74 I liked that color.  If you do go with sublime, consider body color bumpers and R/T stripes, they really seem to add to the effect. 

Charger1973

it wont let me vote for some reason though.   ???

The Ghoul

Quote from: charger1973 on March 28, 2006, 11:36:32 PM
it wont let me vote for some reason though.   ???
yeah I locked voting.
the thread has been burried for the last 3 weeks or so. I thought that every one voted who was going to.
thanks for the input tho, I have been tossing around the colored bumper idea.

MassCharger73

My plan ( for today anywho ) for my 73 is orange with the painted bumpers.
1973 Charger