News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tech question about 1989 W150 Power Ram

Started by kokxville, August 30, 2014, 12:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kokxville

I recently bought a 1989 Power Ram with a small block. Don't know if it's a 318 or 360 yet. :scratchchin:
But,this truck has the singlepoint fuel injection ( don't know how it's called in the moparworld,but it's tbi in Chevy )
Is it possible to shut down the computer and injection system,and make it conventional?
With another intake and 4bbl carb for instance?
What do i need to make it work,or has anyone done this?

Thanks.
:cheers: John
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

red72chrgr

Yes I believe you can change over to carb if you want. Go to Ramchargercentral.com and ask those guys. They know quite abit about it. I used to own a 90 250 Power Ram and like a fool let it go :brickwall:. I'd gladly trade my 97 Chevy and quite possibly my charger to get it back. I miss that truck :'(
Nothing personal, just business

kokxville

Quote from: red72chrgr on August 30, 2014, 02:27:33 PM
Yes I believe you can change over to carb if you want. Go to Ramchargercentral.com and ask those guys. They know quite abit about it. I used to own a 90 250 Power Ram and like a fool let it go :brickwall:. I'd gladly trade my 97 Chevy and quite possibly my charger to get it back. I miss that truck :'(

Hi red72chrgr,

thanks for the reply.
I will ask those guys there.

John  :cheers:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

Troy

Yeah, it's the same old "LA" small block since the 60s (Magnums didn't come out until 1992). Should be fairly easy to slap on an intake and carb.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.