News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How to instal center console?

Started by euroZ06, August 24, 2014, 11:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

euroZ06

Bought the car with the center console in the trunk. I have one bracket in front of transmission. Nothing else. Do i just bolt up the consol to it and thats it?
68 charger, 383, 727, 3.55

six-tee-nine

If its an auto car you should have a 2nd bracket near the shifter and a 3rd near the end of the console.

No brackets probably mean your car came without the console and you need a bracket set wich AMS produces. Attention, manual or auto are different.

They are welded to the floor but i guess you could bolt them trough the floor  also if you dont want to weld in you car...
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Back N Black

This is the brackets you need.

ODZKing

Here is a pic of mine disassembled

70 sublime

What year is the car you are working on ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

ODZKing

From his past posts, 73.
Or do you mean me?   :shruggy:

70 sublime

From his past posts, 73.
Or do you mean me?

I meant the OP

Back N Black posted the brackets for a second gen car

That is why I was not sure

euroZ06

Its a 73 and a manual. Only one small bracket sticking out in front of the tranny (its a simple bracket). I have no other brackets there...

ODZKing

well, mine is a 73 there in the pic.  3 brackets.
Need more, let me know.

euroZ06

Quote from: ODZKing on August 26, 2014, 08:20:08 PM
Need more, let me know.

Pic didnt show

70 sublime

Quote from: euroZ06 on August 27, 2014, 03:10:21 PM
Quote from: ODZKing on August 26, 2014, 08:20:08 PM
Need more, let me know.

Pic didnt show

I can see the pic in the #3 reply

ODZKing

Here is another

euroZ06

So its the same for manual car? I def have only one small bracket sticking out in front of the tranny... Should i buy a set and try to find holes under carpet?

euroZ06

Ok,

After further inspection and messing around here is what i found.

It seems that there is another metal piece further back towards the rear, but i can only feel them a bit under the carpet... The piece in the front does not look like the ones posted. When i tried to align the panel here is what i get:
The panel had to be really far forward so that i can shift gears without touching. If it is that far forward it doesnt align with holes in the panel... And def doesnt align with the holes and the "brackets"(that i felt under the carpet) in the rear. I can prob fab a bracket for the front, but dont think i will for the rear. If i only secure it in the front, will that be enough to make it steady? Also, it does seem like the panel is really close to the seat and causes rubbing...

ODZKing

euroZ06

I got it installed. I had a small bracket up front, and previous owner hid two metal plates in the storage compartment... Looks like he tried installing but never finished it... Just two small 3x3 metal plates, i aligned them with everything, drilled some holes and hooked it up. However, the place where i think the rare brackets are (under the carpet) wont align with rear holes. So i think ill just use self tapping screws and just screw them in (is it ok to bolt in small screws in the middle?).