News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wheeler Dealers Trading Up

Started by BananaDan, August 21, 2014, 09:50:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BananaDan

Anyone watching the new season?  Mike was in Sao Paolo, Brazil on last night's episode and the dealer he was working with had a red 70 Charger 500 in his showroom.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

GOTWING

did you see the episode where he ran a 17 second 1/4 mile with the black 70 charger 383hp pistol grip four speed? what a joke. :brickwall:

BananaDan

Yeah, that was on last season's Wheeler Dealers.  This show, Trading Up, is a different show.  Mike starts the season off with $3,000USD and travels from country to country buying and selling cars with the goal of building his kitty up to enough money to buy a Ferrari at the end of the season.  Sadly, Edd isn't on this show.  He is my favorite part of Wheeler Dealers and in my opinion, he makes the show.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Mopar Nut

Mike walked right by the Charger like it wasn't even there. It's a pretty good show, but your right having Edd would make it even better.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

hemigeno

Quote from: BananaDan on August 21, 2014, 11:08:06 AM
Sadly, Edd isn't on this show.  He is my favorite part of Wheeler Dealers and in my opinion, he makes the show.

:iagree: :iagree:

Paul G

I just started watching the series. Still on episode one. Actually fell asleep halfway through. Got to start it over.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Dino

I love Wheeler Dealers, started watching it when I was still in Europe.  I can't get into the trading up show though since it's the mechanical work that is the interesting bit.  I haven't seen the end of a Wheeler Dealers show in ages either because I don't really care what happens once the car is done.   :lol:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Al

It's a great show except for the profit making aspect. However I can hardly  imagine it without Ed. He runs the show.
1968 Dodge Charger, 383, UU1

8WHEELER

Just watched the Corvette, Chev pickup, jag episode. This should be called flipping up   :smilielol:  yes we need Edd.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

69charger2002

I too was shocked when he walked right past the red 70 charger. I mean he literally talked about the vehicles on each side of it.. especially since he purposely looked for a 70 last year to restore and flip.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: BananaDan on August 21, 2014, 11:08:06 AM
Yeah, that was on last season's Wheeler Dealers.  This show, Trading Up, is a different show.  Mike starts the season off with $3,000USD and travels from country to country buying and selling cars with the goal of building his kitty up to enough money to buy a Ferrari at the end of the season.  Sadly, Edd isn't on this show.  He is my favorite part of Wheeler Dealers and in my opinion, he makes the show.

Totally agree about Ed - he's kind of like Norm Abram was to Bob Vila on the old This Old House.  Vila was a good host but I always watched just to see Norm get crazy with a nail gun and some floor joists.   Ed always keeps me entertained by diagnosing and fixing the cars, and I learn a lot about typical trouble spots and difficulty of repairs on cars I probably will never own, but still interesting to see just the same.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

familymopar

I agree.  Mike actually annoys me pretty bad.  Ed is the only reason I watch the show, when I do.  I largely watch them based on what cars they are doing and I don't follow it regularly.  Have only seen a little bit of trading up and it has not held my attention so far.

1968 Charger R/T 440 727
1971 Duster Pro-Street
2009 Challenger SRT8 6 Speed
2009 Jeep Cherokee SRT8