News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rebuilding stock calipers

Started by Canadian1968, November 09, 2014, 04:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canadian1968

I am rebuilding the stock bendix calipers on my r/t . Just about to put them back together . The manual says to use silicone lubecaint on bore walls and pistons when putting back together .

I have some permex Ultra slick brake lube. It's a synthetic lube , can I use this or do I need to grab some silicone only lubricant ??

ws23rt

Not familiar with permex Ultra slick brake lube.  It should say what it is intended for on the container.
A safe bet and what I do is use some of the brake fluid I intend to use as assembly lube.
Dot5 I think has silicone in it.

Canadian1968

Ya , on the container it says used to lube all brake parts . Probably right that brake fluid would be fine as well

ws23rt

Their are many points in the brake system that should be lubed that are outside of the brake fluid system. Pivot points for shoes, caliper sliding connections, etc.