News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trunk Pan Question

Started by NickJ, August 15, 2014, 06:38:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NickJ

Morning all,
  Started cutting out my old trunk floor yesterday and I'm trying to document the mounting locations for all the brackets and parts. The thing tripping me up is the rear crossmember (That the shocks bolt to). Mine is toast and will be replaced but the previous owner added a brace inside the car that bolted to that crossmember. (See Pic) The question is.. Does the crossmember bolt to the trunk pan sheetmetal or is it supposed to be just welded in?  Thanks for the help!

bill440rt

It's welded in from underneath, part of the unibody.
The only crossmember that was bolted in is the K-frame.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

NickJ

green69rt

Just to be clear,  I don't think the shock cross member is welded to anything other than the frames on each side, it is not welded to the trunk floor.   I would bet that that would tend to transmit shock/suspension noises to the trunk floor and then into the pass compartment. I just checked mine and there appears to be a little clearance between the shock cross member and the floor. maybe 1/8 to 1/4 inch :shruggy:

six-tee-nine

at is correct it does'nt sit against the trunk floor but is welded to the left and right frame rail...
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

NickJ

Thanks guys. All the sheet metal is here. Another couple weekends of cutting and prep and I should be ready for pans and crossmember.  :cheers: