News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 charger need help with tail Trim

Started by Kingcuda72, August 18, 2014, 08:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingcuda72

I am in the process of restoring 68 charger RT and most of the trim moldings for the car
I can find the reproduction for all the parts, only one piece is giving me a headache the tail panel lower trim.
I can't find it any where, please if you recommend a place that make the reproduction one or someone selling the original one, It should be in perfect condition. 
Thank you

fy469rtse

Very sure these are reproduced , brand new
havn't restored a 68 in a while , all 69's and 70's lately , im sure members on here will chime in on where to get , P G's , trimparts , etc

PlainfieldCharger

I have not seen the lower chrome tail panel trim reproduced. Just the end pieces. I do believe I have found the upper trim piece repoped now also. :Twocents:

Charger-Bodie

Lower piece has to be found used or nos. they come up on eBay fairly often.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Mike DC

The upper piece across the top of the taillight blackout area will apply to all 3 years, so I would imagine it's a good candidate for reproducing.  The '68 lower piece is one-year-only.  

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on August 20, 2014, 07:46:05 PM

The upper piece across the top of the taillight blackout area will apply to all 3 years, so I would imagine it's a good candidate for reproducing.  The '68 lower piece is one-year-only.  

68-69 only as far as I know.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Troy

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on August 20, 2014, 07:52:12 PM

The upper piece across the top of the taillight blackout area will apply to all 3 years, so I would imagine it's a good candidate for reproducing.  The '68 lower piece is one-year-only. 

69 doesn't have a bottom piece - unless you consider the bumper! ;) Or are you talking about the trunk piece as that should fit 70s that don't have a finish panel.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Troy on August 21, 2014, 04:44:06 PM

The upper piece across the top of the taillight blackout area will apply to all 3 years, so I would imagine it's a good candidate for reproducing.  The '68 lower piece is one-year-only. 

69 doesn't have a bottom piece - unless you consider the bumper! ;) Or are you talking about the trunk piece as that should fit 70s that don't have a finish panel.

Troy

I'm talking about the upper one. Don't 70 Chargers without tail finish panel go without trim all together. That's how I've seen them either finish panel or nothing.

The lower piece definitely 68 only.....

Troy

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on August 21, 2014, 07:28:57 PM
Quote from: Troy on August 21, 2014, 04:44:06 PM

Troy

I'm talking about the upper one. Don't 70 Chargers without tail finish panel go without trim all together. That's how I've seen them either finish panel or nothing.

The lower piece definitely 68 only.....
I believe you're right! I never noticed.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.