News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

blower motor

Started by charger01, March 18, 2006, 07:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger01

With the risk of sounding stupid here, Iam going to ask anyways.  Iam trying to change the heater blower motor in my non ac 69 charger.  My main question is how do you remove the fan from the motor itself?  It has an allen head on the side of the shaft that appears to hold the fan tightly to the shaft, but when I go to loosen it, it feels like the allen wrench would snap before the  allen head gives way.  Is this the correct method of changing the blower motor?  Also  does anyone have a wiring diagram hand of how to wire up the heater system?  I dont even know where the blower motor green wire plugs into.

charger01

Charger4404spd

If there is an allen head on it, Im sure it is rusted pretty good. Soak it in WD40 or BP Blaster for a day or so and try the allen wrench again.

Johnnys440Charger

I just removed the allen head but I still can't remove the fan.  I just soaked it with WD40.  I'll try tomorrow.  I'll eat some spinach too so I can muscle it off.  (and break something too).   :-)

Shakey

The blower wheel on my blower motor assembly was held in place with a round clip.

If you find my Interior Assembly thread there may be a photo or a link to the thread where I showed the heater box restoration.

Chatt69chgr

I've seen both plastic blower wheels and metal ones.  I think the plastic ones are held on with a spring clip.  The metal ones may be a allen screw.  The shafts tend to rust making removal of the wheel difficult.  I think I saw the metal wheel offered by 4-seasons as a aftermarket part.  If your wheel is all metal, you might try gently heating up the center with a propane torch and then squirting on more penetrant.   Sometimes this allows the penetrant to soak into the rusted area.  And the heat will expand the wheel center off the motor shaft if you do it quick enough.