News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Would you buy a Charger Hellcat over the Challenger Hellcat if it were two door?

Started by hatersaurusrex, August 15, 2014, 06:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

For the guys considering the Chally Hellcat, would a 2-door charger version change your mind?

Yes
6 (16.7%)
No
24 (66.7%)
I wouldn't buy a Chally Hellcat, but a 2 door Charger Hellcat would make me open my wallet
1 (2.8%)
I'd take a 2-door Charger over any Challenger, Hellcat or not
5 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 36

6spd68

Quote from: Dino on August 16, 2014, 08:55:31 AM
the Charger is just too damn ugly no matter how you look at it.

Have been saying this since they first revealed them in 2004
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

68charger440

Quote from: Ghoste on August 19, 2014, 11:23:36 AM
I can accept the Charger as a sedan but they just can't quite nail it for me with styling.  They get close but there is always some feature that just leaves me cold.
I agree, and for that matter they missed the mark a little on the chally also, but they got that one much closer than the Charger as far as my taste goes.  I always thought the next gen after the 2nd gen Charger should have had 6" taken out of each of the front, mid, and the rear sections making it more into a pony car size.  I always thought the straight on side view was the least flattering because of the stretched out look from that angle.
When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!

GOTWING

Ghoste

Troy

Quote from: Ghoste on August 19, 2014, 01:49:31 PM
Find another dealer and let them choke on it.
Exactly! :iagree: Who says you have to buy from the closest dealer to you?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Ghoste

stripedelete

Quote from: myk on August 18, 2014, 11:52:10 AM
I must be the odd man out but I couldn't care less about either cars.  The drivetrain is so over the top I would never use more than a third of it, if that, and neither body style is appealing to me.  If I was forced to pick one it would have to be the Challenger, the Charger is just too damn ugly no matter how you look at it.  Not a fan of the Challenger either though, I just don't see the attraction.

Nah, you're not the only one...

Right with you.   But, if you put a gun to my head, it would be a mustang convertible.

TUFCAT

68charger440

When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!

Paul G

The Hellcat is nothing more than bragging rights. Do I want one, Absolutely. Will I buy one, no. The Hellcat will sell more cars for the brand. That is the point. It's not like Chrysler had to spend Gazillion $$ to design a new supercar that few would buy anyway. They already have that, Viper. They did a little tweeking to a platform they already had and built something that will be the king of the hill for a long time.

Winged warrior all over again you think? I think. There will be a demand for them, (Hellcat), by the people who can afford to make a $60,000 + purchase and sit on it. Take it out once in a while and enjoy it. It wont be your daily driver. Years from now it will be what the Hemi and winged cars are today. I wish I could buy one with my 401K funds.   

I am very impressed by what Chrysler is doing. To make a 200 MPH, 707 HP coupe and sedan, and price it reasonably. WTF were they thinking? My hats off to Chrysler. It's a game changer. You know Frod and GM are wondering how they are going to handle this? Compete with Hellcat or ignore it?
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Paul G

The thing that makes me chuckle is the statement in one of the unveiling videos. "The Hellcat Charger at full power will drain the fuel tank in 12 minutes". That is just awesome! And they upsized the fuel line to 1/2 ID.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.

myk

Quote from: stripedelete on August 20, 2014, 01:01:44 PM
I must be the odd man out but I couldn't care less about either cars.  The drivetrain is so over the top I would never use more than a third of it, if that, and neither body style is appealing to me.  If I was forced to pick one it would have to be the Challenger, the Charger is just too damn ugly no matter how you look at it.  Not a fan of the Challenger either though, I just don't see the attraction.

Right with you.   But, if you put a gun to my head, it would be a mustang convertible.

I absolutely ADORE the new 5.0...

Aero426

Quote from: Paul G on August 21, 2014, 10:42:57 PM

Winged warrior all over again you think? I think. There will be a demand for them, (Hellcat), by the people who can afford to make a $60,000 + purchase and sit on it. Take it out once in a while and enjoy it. It wont be your daily driver. Years from now it will be what the Hemi and winged cars are today. I wish I could buy one with my 401K funds.   

Ask the first generation Viper owners how that strategy worked out for them.   Nothing is guaranteed.     

Ghoste

Aero426

Quote from: Ghoste on August 23, 2014, 11:23:49 AM
Throw in 25th Anniversary Vettes and Eldorado drop tops too.

Think back just ten years to when the Viper hit 500 horsepower.  FIVE HUNDRED!    That was a milestone number.    People wondered how could it possibly go higher on a mass produced car from the dealer?     And now here we are.    It's hard to have a crystal ball to determine when the music is going to stop.   

Ghoste

Who would have thought the Hemi and LS6 could be topped?  You're right Doug and there is no determining what will be a future collectible, especially the ones we all think are obvious.

68charger440

Quote from: Ghoste on August 23, 2014, 11:37:31 AM
Who would have thought the Hemi and LS6 could be topped?  You're right Doug and there is no determining what will be a future collectible, especially the ones we all think are obvious.
For the majority of us its not about the future value of the car, its about a love of the car.  I have no sympathy for those who bought a 1st gen Viper or any of the others as an investment and then they didn't hold their value.  Just like on wall street, you can win or loose, but if you love the car and buy it for that reason then you win even if the car looses value.  I would still be proud to have a 1st gen Viper in my collection because I thought they were a beautiful display of American muscle.

Ghoste

Absolutely!  And that is the only reason you should buy any of them.

68charger440

Quote from: Ghoste on August 23, 2014, 01:58:37 PM
Absolutely!  And that is the only reason you should buy any of them.
To tell the truth I actually resent the deep pocketed collectors not because they are rich, but because they make it real hard for the rest of us to keep our beloved cars going.

Ghoste

6spd68

Quote from: myk on August 23, 2014, 12:36:14 AM
Quote from: stripedelete on August 20, 2014, 01:01:44 PM

I absolutely ADORE the new 5.0...

Couldn't agree more, quite the driving experience.
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

RallyeMike

For various reasons I'm not buying any more new cars, ever.

I do wonder however, why they chose the name of hellcat. Cats are Mercury's, not Mopars!  :slap:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Paul G

Quote from: RallyeMike on August 26, 2014, 11:43:58 AM

I do wonder however, why they chose the name of hellcat. Cats are Mercury's, not Mopars!  :slap:

WWII carrier based fighter aircraft. 2000 HP engine.

Aero426

Quote from: 68charger440 on August 23, 2014, 02:17:45 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on August 23, 2014, 01:58:37 PM
Absolutely!  And that is the only reason you should buy any of them.
To tell the truth I actually resent the deep pocketed collectors not because they are rich, but because they make it real hard for the rest of us to keep our beloved cars going.

You need a few rich people to keep this old car gig going.