News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Would you buy a Charger Hellcat over the Challenger Hellcat if it were two door?

Started by hatersaurusrex, August 15, 2014, 06:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

For the guys considering the Chally Hellcat, would a 2-door charger version change your mind?

Yes
6 (16.7%)
No
24 (66.7%)
I wouldn't buy a Chally Hellcat, but a 2 door Charger Hellcat would make me open my wallet
1 (2.8%)
I'd take a 2-door Charger over any Challenger, Hellcat or not
5 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 36

hatersaurusrex

After looking at the press on the Charger Hellcat, it made me wonder if we - the Charger purists - would take a 2-door Charger Hellcat over a Challenger Hellcat, all else being equal.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

odcics2

Good question. It was already stated in the video that there is no business case for the Charger Hellcat.
How do you put a price on all the talk about it so far????   The internet is flooded with it! 
Nice marketing, Dodge Boys.

They will sell a ton, 4 doors or not, IMO.  There are a lot of rollers out there. One or two on this site!!    :2thumbs:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

ws23rt

The reason I will buy the challenger is I prefer the true to the original challenger look.  I will go further and say IMO it is a substantial improvement over the original.

The charger is a great looking car and if all they did was make a two door version it's not enough to move me.  A body style change that reminded me of the sec. gen. charger could do it if done as well as the challenger.

1974dodgecharger

In all honesty how many are gonna buy it? We all talk like we r but u watch we will come up with an excuse not too.  I was offered 40k for my car so i could buy a hellcat challenger, but its all talk aint it.

myk

Even if I could do a trade for BOTH hellcats for my '69 I wouldn't do it. I can't speak to the state of mind of everyone else in here...

1974dodgecharger

It's a power craze right now....once they get it it won't be the same charger we all grown to love.....it's like buying a civic and putting a k20 in it and turbo and have 600hp on a 2000lb car....it's fast but end of the day it's still a civic.

Mytur Binsdirti

Actually, if they would have put a 6-speed in the Hellcat Charger, i would seriously have to consider cancelling my Challenger order.

Dino

I must be the odd man out but I couldn't care less about either cars.  The drivetrain is so over the top I would never use more than a third of it, if that, and neither body style is appealing to me.  If I was forced to pick one it would have to be the Challenger, the Charger is just too damn ugly no matter how you look at it.  Not a fan of the Challenger either though, I just don't see the attraction.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on August 16, 2014, 05:43:04 AM
Actually, if they would have put a 6-speed in the Hellcat Charger, i would seriously have to consider cancelling my Challenger order.

Well u will never get it, Tom kunis said so....said there is demand for a manual in a sedan.

Indygenerallee

I won't be getting either but if I had to choose it would be the Charger Hellcat (The Challenger Hellcat just looks too blocky in the front fascia for myself personally... Plus the Charger is faster! :coolgleamA:)
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Lighthorseman

Sigh.  If I could get a Hellcat Charger with a manual transmission and all-wheel drive, I'd be all over it.

JB400

bill440rt

Doesn't need to be a 2-door for me. I like the Charger, and quite honestly I don't need another 2-door car.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

BrianShaughnessy

Some people really need to get over the 4 door thing.    2 door is NEVER gonna happen.   

I actually prefer the Charger over the Challenger...  Hellcat or not but I'm not gonna drop $60K on anything.   

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

odcics2

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on August 17, 2014, 07:15:52 AM
Some people really need to get over the 4 door thing.    2 door is NEVER gonna happen.   

I actually prefer the Charger over the Challenger...  Hellcat or not but I'm not gonna drop $60K on anything.   

The Charger looks clean and modern, plain and simple. The Challenger looks, well, old!!

Ghoste

I like the styling of the Challenger better but not because of the number of doors, I just prefer the looks of it.  If they hadn't given the Charger Dart taillights I would likely prefer the other way around.  One little detail but.  :shruggy:

JB400

odcics2

Quote from: Ghoste on August 17, 2014, 09:44:57 PM
I like the styling of the Challenger better but not because of the number of doors, I just prefer the looks of it.  If they hadn't given the Charger Dart taillights I would likely prefer the other way around.  One little detail but.  :shruggy:

Looks like the tail lights are modern versions of the Intrepid...  :scratchchin: 

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: JB400 on August 18, 2014, 02:08:50 AM
Let the guy behind you worry about what the tail lights look like

I love it when someone saids this and I tell them, 'get a civic with a K20 with supercharger with over 600HP' then they change their attitude. 

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Dino on August 16, 2014, 08:55:31 AM
I must be the odd man out but I couldn't care less about either cars.  The drivetrain is so over the top I would never use more than a third of it, if that, and neither body style is appealing to me.  If I was forced to pick one it would have to be the Challenger, the Charger is just too damn ugly no matter how you look at it.  Not a fan of the Challenger either though, I just don't see the attraction.

people are blinded by what they like....if you ask the same person if the car said, 'intrepid SRT' would they buy it?  you be surprised when they see charger they  think of 'fast and furious' and so they think they are driving such car.  its just a name on a car that has no legacy of its former self.....

Ghoste

Quote from: JB400 on August 18, 2014, 02:08:50 AM
Let the guy behind you worry about what the tail lights look like

For that kind of coin?  If I didn't care about looks and just wanted fast I wouldn't be on this board in the first place, I'd be on a forum for shoehorning monster motors into Neons. 

Cooter

Hellcat in ANY form is not a muscle car. It's a rich man's 'super car. So...no.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

myk

Quote from: Dino on August 16, 2014, 08:55:31 AM

Nah, you're not the only one...

68charger440

For me the new Chargers are a decent looking car, but not really a Charger. I like the fact that with the Challenger and for that matter the Mustangs and Camaros you could take them back to the 1970s and everyone would think that they were the next gen of each car.  With the new Chargers many people would not be able to make that leap.  I would love to see them make a new Charger in the same vane as those others with the 2nd generation Charger as the inspiration, and 2 doors for me is a must.
When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!

Ghoste

I can accept the Charger as a sedan but they just can't quite nail it for me with styling.  They get close but there is always some feature that just leaves me cold.