News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ford making a 777HP Stang - This is getting interesting.....

Started by 1970Moparmann, August 15, 2014, 04:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ECS

Quote from: JB400 on August 29, 2014, 05:13:44 PM

As far as the seam, never once did he say that what you see in the pic is what condition the car is currently in.   Overall, the condition of the car in the pic is not bad.  But yes, that seam needs some attending to.

Thank you for having common sense and comprehending where I said that picture was from last Spring.  With the Body Work being complete, I can assure you that the splice seams are absolutely undetectable and those photos do not illustrate their appearance after the Lead was applied.  Thanks for the mention of "Family" concerns!
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

ECS

ECS

Quote from: Indygenerallee on August 29, 2014, 05:47:36 PM
Man, that 4 door Cuda COULD have been made to look ALOT better than that! that roof to quarter isnt even close to being straight. and first thing it should have had the top chopped a inch or two! looks way out of proportion!

Why didn't you use this picture to ridicule?  The proportions even look worse than the later stages of the project!

TUFCAT

Quote from: ECS on August 29, 2014, 06:39:24 PM
Why didn't you use this picture to ridicule?  The proportions even look worse than the later stages of the project!

Actually that looks like a 4-door door sedan....its the 'Cuda stuff that makes it look ugly.  :D

ECS

Quote from: TUFCAT on August 29, 2014, 06:42:08 PM
Actually that looks like a 4-door door sedan....its the 'Cuda stuff that makes it look ugly.  :D

Thank you for the compliment!  :2thumbs:

TUFCAT

Quote from: ECS on August 29, 2014, 06:42:51 PM
Thank you for the compliment!  :2thumbs:

No problem. I'll try to compliment you anytime that thing is posted.  :2thumbs:

Indygenerallee

Knock yourself out with that one brother... I like seeing custom stuff but that is just a plain bastard child! The pic was good for a hearty laugh!!  :smilielol: :lol:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

ECS

Quote from: Indygenerallee on August 29, 2014, 06:47:10 PM
Knock yourself out with that one brother... I like seeing custom stuff but that is just a plain bastard child! The pic was good for a hearty laugh!!  :smilielol: :lol:

Glad I was able to provide you with some enjoyment.  I'm not sure why some of you are so emotionally involved/bothered with a project that hasn't cost you a second of your time or a penny of your money but continue to "knock yourself out".  :2thumbs:

TUFCAT

You must really want us to see it or show it off, because you keep posting pictures of the thing.... :scratchchin:

Indygenerallee

QuoteGlad I was able to provide you with some enjoyment.  I'm not sure why some of you are so emotionally involved/bothered with a project that hasn't cost you a second of your time or a penny of your money

Sorry I am not "emotionally involved" I just think it's funny as hell (and kinda dumb) that someone would spend their time and good money turning a E body into a 4 door bastard child!!  :lol: :smilielol:

ECS

Quote from: TUFCAT on August 29, 2014, 06:44:21 PM
I'll try to compliment you anytime that thing is posted.  :2thumbs:

I am flattered with your continued obsession over the Project.  I guess this is what feels like to have Groupies follow your every move and worship you like a Rock Star.  :yesnod:  Thank you Twit-Cat!

TUFCAT

Quote from: ECS on August 29, 2014, 07:23:40 PM
I guess this is what feels like to have Groupies follow your every move and worship you like a Rock Star.  :yesnod:  Thank you Twit-Cat!

Except for the case of your 'Cuda ...everyone will be laughing!  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:   Does it come with a fake broadcast sheet too?   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:  OMG!!!  I'm busting out of my Twit-Cat suit!!  :icon_smile_big: ...I'm such a Doof-Cat!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Quote from: ECS on August 29, 2014, 07:16:53 PM
hasn't cost you a second of your time...

OH YES IT HAS!!  :puke:

ECS

Quote from: Indygenerallee on August 29, 2014, 07:23:18 PM
I just think it's funny as hell (and kinda dumb) that someone would spend their time and good money turning a E body into a 4 door bastard child!!  :lol: :smilielol:

Then you should be very happy knowing it is me who is doing it and not you.  :2thumbs:

ECS

TUFCAT

Indygenerallee

QuoteThen you should be very happy knowing it is me who is doing it and not you.

You got that right, I would never build anything that hideous!   :2thumbs:

ECS

Quote from: pettybird on August 29, 2014, 04:52:41 PM
Point of clarification:  the Shelby 1000 is rated at 950 on pump gas or you can get a race version with 1100.  You probably saw the street legal one.  Same car.

Tom Barcroft is checking his photos and vaguely remembers the conversation we had with Dennis Mondrauch.  I informed Tom about this thread and he said he will log on to chime in about the ordeal.  It's odd you think we might have seen the "street legal" Mustang after accusing me of lying about the Window Sticker.  I NEVER lied about ANYTHING I saw on this Car! 

I'm going to see if I can get a copy of the information I saw on that particular vehicle.  It was light blue and sitting next to the "racing version" which was also light blue in color.  I'll admit that I didn't intensely study the Label on the vehicle but it had Gas Mileage data, etc.... and I remember being shocked when I saw the Horse Power that it listed.  Regardless of the Monroney Label, we were told by a Ford Executive that the vehicle was a "FACTORY" Car. 

JB400

Quote from: TUFCAT on August 29, 2014, 07:17:49 PM
You must really want us to see it or show it off, because you keep posting pictures of the thing.... :scratchchin:
Only because he was asked by me.  If you have any qualms about my requests, consult me on the matter.  Personally, I don't see this project not only as a 4 dr. Barracuda, but a showcase of the capabilities and talents of ECS.  Heck, I might even learn something.  Currently, you're prohibiting from that opportunity.  Therefore, it is highly recommended that you go back to discussing the Mustang or better yet, show me what I can possibly learn from you.  As far as my talents, you'll just have to stay tuned.

pettybird

Quote from: ECS on August 29, 2014, 11:01:38 PM
Quote from: pettybird on August 29, 2014, 04:52:41 PM
Point of clarification:  the Shelby 1000 is rated at 950 on pump gas or you can get a race version with 1100.  You probably saw the street legal one.  Same car.

Tom Barcroft is checking his photos and vaguely remembers the conversation we had with Dennis Mondrauch.  I informed Tom about this thread and he said he will log on to chime in about the ordeal.  It's odd you think we might have seen the "street legal" Mustang after accusing me of lying about the Window Sticker.  I NEVER lied about ANYTHING I saw on this Car!  

I'm going to see if I can get a copy of the information I saw on that particular vehicle.  It was light blue and sitting next to the "racing version" which was also light blue in color.  I'll admit that I didn't intensely study the Label on the vehicle but it had Gas Mileage data, etc.... and I remember being shocked when I saw the Horse Power that it listed.  Regardless of the Monroney Label, we were told by a Ford Executive that the vehicle was a "FACTORY" Car.  

Don't twist what I said.  You claimed that you saw a FACTORY FORD Monroney label on a Shelby 1000,without an addendum, and I told you that in no uncertain terms that you weren't right.  I did not discuss the legality of the vehicle, whether or not a Shelby 1000 exists, or anything else about the car ASIDE FROM it not having a one page, Ford issued Monroney as you claim.  

I boned out and meant to write "street" instead of "street legal."  You could probably bring one to Ohio and get it past our simple plug in/converter check emissions test.  Take one to California and you'll have a CARB referee shitting his pants, changing into new ones, and shitting himself again.

So that it's clear, you can get a Shelby 1000 package installed on your owned (not new and untitled) GT500 in street trim or race trim.  "Street" cars are designed to run on 93 octane gas while "race" versions require race fuel.  But, the point is as it was before:  You couldn't buy one new from Ford directly.

I did some digging and found pictures of the 1000 at SEMA 2012.  It's not sitting next to another, and it's the same car that debuted that April at the New York auto show.  It was in the Wilwood booth, so if you found a Ford executive near it it's because he was wandering around like you.  Also notice that these are DEFINITELY pictures from SEMA, and there is DEFINITELY no paperwork of any kind attached to any window.  

I'll throw you one last lifeline.  I've been to SEMA and it was so vast and overwhelming that I don't remember half of what I walked through.  The same could have happened to you.

For comparison, this is the same car on display in NYC in a Shelby booth.  No window stickers there, either.

Searching for "shelby 1000 SEMA" brought up this rolling work of art, which is at least light blue as you described.  It's just a simple GT with some bolt ons and funny paint:

And this car, which was in the special Shelby exhibit in one of the halls.  It's a GT500, and it's modified, but it's neither a 1000 nor equipped with a sticker:

It's late and I don't feel like posting any more, but here is a huge photo set with every car in the Ford display.  There IS a blue one but I think it was built by Galpin Auto Sport. 
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bossmustang/sets/72157631945963717/

And in case you're wondering if it was the 2013 show you were at, the 1000 in attendance was black.

I'd take the lifeline.

ECS

Quote from: pettybird on August 30, 2014, 12:44:56 AM
Don't twist what I said. .......I'll throw you one last lifeline.  I've been to SEMA and it was so vast and overwhelming that I don't remember half of what I walked through.  The same happened to you, methinks.

You boldly stated that I "lied" about what I claimed to have seen.  For the record, I wasn't just walking around and just stumbled upon a Ford Executive.  I was invited to be there and help set up the 1965 Mustang display with Dennis Mondrauch.  (It was in 2011, not 2012.)  He is my main Ford Contact/Executive and the Person I was talking about.  I was also one of the select licensees who worked in providing proprietary (Ford approved) components for the 1967 Mustang that was commissioned and built by Ford with 100% After Market components.  (Maybe Tuff-Cat can tell everyone how THAT car was registered.)  I will prove everything I am telling you as soon as I have access to the photos on my server at the Office.  I did not "lie" about anything I said earlier in this thread.

Just one more point about the "integrity" of what I do as a VIN supplier to the Automotive Industry.  Our Company was THE REASON that Chrysler started using small hologram Pentastars printed throughout their "New" Certification Labels.  EVERY new Chrysler vehicle comes with a newly designed Label that was constructed to help us detect original Certification Labels from counterfeits.  As I stated earlier, I have no agenda trying to sell you guys "lies" about a Ford Mustang.  If what comes back was wrong on my part, I will apologize for mis-representing the facts. The Automotive World does not revolve around me or my views.  I can assure you that I would NEVER intentionally mislead ANYONE in the Automotive Industry.  ECS is committed to exposing the liars and crooks in this Industry, not contribute to that group.  

ECS

Quote from: pettybird on August 30, 2014, 12:44:56 AM
Searching for "shelby 1000 SEMA" brought up this rolling work of art, which is at least light blue as you described.  It's just a simple GT with some bolt ons and funny paint:

The car I talked with Dennis could not have been a Mustang 1000.  I remember him boasting about the "next year" vehicles that were going to be offered but the one I saw must have been the preclude to the 1000 because it wasn't available at that time.  I apologize for mixing up the years.  Dennis claimed the vehicle that was there was a "Factory" built Car.  Whether it was or wasn't, I had no reason to doubt him. 

Again, I was wrong about the particular year and it being THE Mustang 1000. 

pettybird

Quote from: ECS on August 30, 2014, 01:10:53 AM
(It was in 2011, not 2012.)  

Here's Road and Track's coverage of the Ford booth at SEMA.  8 stangs, none of which are Shelbys, none of which are light blue and none of which have window stickers:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-shows/2010-sema-show/2011-ford-mustang-gets-tuned-x8-at-sema

And in case you aren't aware, Ford window stickers have looked largely the same since at least 1989, so whatever you saw wasn't from Ford.  Here's one from 1995.

And here's one from 2011, the year you were there.  Would you kindly point out the horsepower rating on it for the class?  HINT:  Ford doesn't put HP on its window stickers.

ECS

Quote from: pettybird on August 30, 2014, 01:50:17 AM
At any point since I started replying (or even before!) you could have VERY easily posted 'hmm..I remember it that way but I'm guess I'm not 100% sure.'  Instead, you did what you do and clamp down on your fairy tale story line like a Chihuahua on a mailman's leg.  You simply can't be wrong, even when what you've said has been conclusively proven false.  Hell--I don't remember what I do every day, or what year I saw some random car at some car show.  Is this some odd mental issue with you that it's a sign of weakness where you can't admit that you can't remember?  I JUST had a conversation with a good friend of mine about boss 302 production numbers, and he told me I was off.  I looked it up, and I was.  I said "wow...that's a lot more than I thought" and moved on.  I didn't dig into some trick bag of random and obtuse knowledge to tell him he and the numbers I found were wrong.  I didn't try and play 11th dimension chess where I could claim the upper hand.  I learned something, and that was enough for me.

Well let me be the first to commend you on your self proclaimed and mandated time frame for allowing someone to admit being "wrong".  You can talk all day long about specifics that I was incorrect about but my original comment was that the Ford Motor Company had already built a "Factory" vehicle that made more than 700HP.  Regardless of whatever semantics you choose to express concerning "addendum" paperwork, etc....... that is the fact!

TUFCAT

Quote from: JB400 on August 30, 2014, 12:08:15 AM

If you have any qualms about my requests, consult me on the matter.  Personally, I don't see this project not only as a 4 dr. Barracuda, but a showcase of the capabilities and talents of ECS.  Heck, I might even learn something.  Currently, you're prohibiting from that opportunity.  Therefore, it is highly recommended that you go back to discussing the Mustang or better yet, show me what I can possibly learn from you.  As far as my talents, you'll just have to stay tuned.

Seriously JB?  :scratchchin:  How you could take offense to that?  There's been no heat directed toward you.

TUFCAT

At any point since I started replying (or even before!) you could have VERY easily posted 'hmm..I remember it that way but I'm guess I'm not 100% sure.'  Instead, you did what you do and clamp down on your fairy tale story line like a Chihuahua on a mailman's leg.  You simply can't be wrong, even when what you've said has been conclusively proven false.

If we made a list of all the things ECS was "wrong about" we would be on page 10 already.  Like Pettybird says, he could have easily bowed out (around page 3) with a simple "I don't know" ....instead of arguing and fact-twisting with Pettybird and myself.  But that's what internet bullies do.

I'll be more than happy to drag this out for weeks if you'd like.

The problem with ECS is and always has been.... (on the many sites he's visited and been kicked off)....is that he wages a 'one-man-war'.  Its usually a nuclear war and he doesn't care about the outcome.  When he's in battle mode he can't be stopped. He's gets paranoid about what is going on and thinks everyone is out to destroy him.  This must actually consume his life, and if it does....its sad.

I don't give a damn about holographic pentastars or how long you've been doing VIN stickers.  

EXACTLY what I was thinking.  He just like to brag about how great he is....

You're 100% wrong here and I can overcome any and all of your questions/comments/certifications/connections on this topic.

We're already past the point of "embarrassment"...what can he possibly come up with next?