News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ford making a 777HP Stang - This is getting interesting.....

Started by 1970Moparmann, August 15, 2014, 04:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BananaDan

Quote from: pettybird on August 28, 2014, 01:20:49 PM
Quote from: ECS on August 28, 2014, 12:48:11 PM
Once again, below is the process for how Boss 429 Mustangs were built.  Many would consider their process to be a "conversion".

I don't know why you keep hanging on to the Boss 429 and the wing cars... "many" people might consider them conversions but those "many" people would be total idiots.  Both went to outside contractors AS special vehicles.  Their VINs reflect their birth...Mustangs were shipped to Kar Kraft with 9(or 0)F02Z from Ford.  Daytonas went to Creative wearing XX29.  Darts went to Hurst as LO23's.  The Shelby 1000 went to Shelby as a 662hp car as Ford built it, by customer request.  YOUR ARTICLE clearly states a price PLUS the donor car.  There is NO unique identifier for a 1000hp model as there is for every other iteration of Mustang built at that time.  The car went to Shelby, per customer request or FOB, as a 662hp car with a 662hp P8J or P8K VIN and came back with the same VIN.  Tufcat's 'upfitter' reference, Yenko, Tasca, Motion and even your own Mr Norm's scenario is what happens with the 1000hp models.  You wouldn't get another Monroney label from Shelby on that car for the same reason Pep Boys doesn't give you one when they install a set of tires...Shelby 1000's are USED CARS.  They might bolt on a little plaque to go with the tube of astroglide in the glove compartment for your $150k purchase but it's not a different vehicle when it leaves.

Your article:   "As you'd expect, the Shelby 1000 and 1000 S/C won't be cheap and won't be produced in large numbers. The standard 1000 treatment starts at $149,995, not including the donor GT500; the track-only 1000 S/C starts at $154,995 and also requires you to provide your own GT500. Shelby American will begin accepting reservations for examples of the limited-run cars in April."

That way, Shelby doesn't have to pass OEM level NVH standards, they don't have to crash test the hoods and bumpers, don't have to recertify the engine for emissions, etc.  It could have 0.2 miles on it but you have to buy the car first and then send it to them.

*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

TUFCAT

JB400

In other news, the first new gen Mustang rolled off the line today.  http://finance.yahoo.com/video/ford-mustang-rolls-off-assembly-133113765.html  Time will tell  if there will be a Mustang that is competitive with the Hellcat.

ECS

Quote from: pettybird on August 28, 2014, 01:20:49 PM
Quote from: ECS on August 28, 2014, 12:48:11 PM
Once again, below is the process for how Boss 429 Mustangs were built.  Many would consider their process to be a "conversion".

I don't know why you keep hanging on to the Boss 429 and the wing cars... The Shelby 1000 went to Shelby as a 662hp car as Ford built it, by customer request. 

The Boss 429 went to the Brighton Plant as a 428 Cobra Jet.  It was the "donor Car" to be converted into the Boss 429.  THAT IS WHY I KEEP USING IT AS AN EXAMPLE.  You justify a vehicle like the Boss 429 as being a legitimate "Factory" car but then dismiss the EXACT same scenario with the Shelby 1000!  Those cars are DMV registered the EXACT same way as the older Boss 429's.  Some of you continue to justify one scenario and then completely contradict yourselves in the next sentence.
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

ECS

Quote from: BananaDan on August 28, 2014, 01:33:28 PM
When Ford won't warranty the car, that reinforces our point pretty well.

So tell me what "point" is reinforced by the 1968 Factory Super Stock Hemi Darts not coming with a Factory Warranty due to their Racing Status?

TUFCAT

Haven't you had enough yet?  :shruggy:

Every reply is taken as a personal challenge to you... just to come back with something different to prove your point.  Let's face it.... you lost this argument a long time ago.

I thought you had an imaginary Cuda to build?  Speaking of which, you know what?  I've never seen a real jackalope but I did see a mounted head in a diner once, with the old timer who swore that he shot it.  :brickwall:

This is how a conversation would go down (with ECS, Me and the Old Timer) regarding the Jackalope in the diner....

WHAT!....  ARE YOU CALLING THE OLD TIMER A LIAR?  ....CAN YOU PROVE HE DIDNT SHOOT THE JACKALOPE!  ....WELL?  WELL? .... YOU CANT! .....SO DON'T YOU DARE CHALLENGE ME!!!!   THE OLD TIMER TOLD ME HE SHOT IT .... HE WAS THERE NOT YOU....  YOU ARE A F*CKING LIAR!!!!

pettybird

Quote from: ECS on August 28, 2014, 03:42:20 PM
The Boss 429 went to the Brighton Plant as a 428 Cobra Jet.  It was the "donor Car" to be converted into the Boss 429.  THAT IS WHY I KEEP USING IT AS AN EXAMPLE.  You justify a vehicle like the Boss 429 as being a legitimate "Factory" car but then dismiss the EXACT same scenario with the Shelby 1000!  Those cars are DMV registered the EXACT same way as the older Boss 429's.  Some of you continue to justify one scenario and then completely contradict yourselves in the next sentence.

So I went searching and found some evidence of at least what you're trying to say, not that it validates your point:

http://www.boss302.com/smf/index.php?topic=41709.0

Money shot:  "Here is a picture of a 1969 Boss 429 fender apron stamping. It would be stamped in the same place on the drivers side. I have see 1969 Boss 429 aprons having Z's , Q's and R's. I have also seen a few 69 Boss 429's with a Q still in the windshield. Mistakes were made."

Now, you're taking strong liberties by suggesting that Ford INTENDED to stamp Q/R codes in them when it's clear that they simply half assed the 69's to get the motor homologated.  These mistakes did not carry over into 1970.  And, and this is the part which completely invalidates your point about them, the window sticker and original selling price reflected that they were Boss 429 cars and not 428 cars with an after-the-point-of-sale motor swap.  The 429 was emission tested, certified and sold as a new car by Ford.  The Shelby 1000 is a conversion package by the same people who could sell you a lower powered car through Ford.  It's the difference between a Yenko 427 Camaro and a COPO Camaro.  Same car, same motor.  Only one was done and blessed by GM.

pettybird

Quote from: ECS on August 28, 2014, 03:45:25 PM
Quote from: BananaDan on August 28, 2014, 01:33:28 PM
When Ford won't warranty the car, that reinforces our point pretty well.

So tell me what "point" is reinforced by the 1968 Factory Super Stock Hemi Darts not coming with a Factory Warranty due to their Racing Status?

Gonna have to pull out Tufcat's non sequitur card here since the 62 (3? 4? I'm really bad with early B bodies) through 67 competition cars also carried no warranty and were done completely in house.  I can't name a manufacturer who would warranty a car that was meant from minute #1 to be flogged at a race track.  The new COPO Camaro, Cobra Jet mustang and drag pack Challenger are all factory cars built by their respective manufacturers and do not come with warranties. 

Also, those cars were sold from Dodge with a window sticker showing that they had a Hemi in it.  Again, for point of clarification, you won't find a Shelby 1000 with a Ford window sticker with that engine specification.

TUFCAT

ECS must be getting pretty good internet service at the mental institution he's been locked up in for the last couple days.  :coocoo:   We keep telling him the same thing over and over ...yet he still doesn't "get it"  :image_294343:

pettybird

No trickery here.  I don't care what was done at Kar Kraft or Creative or whatever.  The cars left the dealer as new units intended to be what they were.

ECS

Quote from: pettybird on August 28, 2014, 04:40:23 PM
No trickery here.  I don't care what was done at Kar Kraft or Creative or whatever.  The cars left the dealer as new units intended to be what they were.

But how could they do that with a conversion car that was not built on the "normal" Ford Assembly Line?  Where is the mention of the "Donor" Car's original 428 Cobra Jet Engine that was swapped with the 429 on that original Monroney Sticker?  Where is the "addendum" Monroney Sticker explaining the MASSIVE conversions?  Isn't that the message that twit-cat has been pounding since I made my initial comment about the Shelby 1000?  (It too was considered a Factory Ford vehicle just like the Boss 429.)  According to twit-cat, a vehicle of this nature would require an "addendum" Monroney Label like he stated earlier in reply #70 of this thread.  Wrong as usual.  

I have worked with the VIN programs of just about every Automobile Manufacturer.  It's amazing how twit-cat seems to be an Expert for the opposite view of whatever I express.  Now he is an expert on how Ford registers and classifies their Factory built vehicles.  :smilielol:  It's obvious he is extremely obsessed and bothered with the Concept 4 Door Barracuda that we were GIVEN PERMISSION BY THE DMV AND CHRYSLER TO BUILD. :hah:  

I'll just go ahead and say what guys like him are really looking for someone to say about the subject matter.  I hope this will satisfy people like him!

I like Chrysler Cars better than any other Car so they must be the best ever.  No other Brand could EVER do what Chrysler does because they are special Cars made by Elves in the Keebler Factory Tree.  Chrysler is the ONLY Car Company that could EVER make a fast Car or do anything that is unorthodox in the Automotive World.  Chrysler does all things for the "right" reasons but the other Car Manufacturers do the exact same things for the "wrong" reasons.  Chrysler is the very Best EVER because that is what my close minded, contrary, illogical brain tells me to think.  

TUFCAT

Quote from: ECS on August 28, 2014, 07:31:58 PM
It's obvious he is extremely obsessed and bothered with the Concept 4 Door Barracuda.....

I just think its ugly and stupid.

that we were GIVEN PERMISSION BY THE DMV AND CHRYSLER TO BUILD. :hah:  

Oh sure.  

Where is the "addendum" Monroney Sticker explaining the MASSIVE conversions?  Isn't that the message that twit-cat has been pounding since I made my initial comment about the Shelby 1000?  (It too was considered a Factory Ford vehicle just like the Boss 429.)  According to twit-cat, a vehicle of this nature would require an "addendum" Monroney Label like he stated earlier in reply #70 of this thread.   

You really DO need to have a checklist to keep track of what we've told you....you've got things mixed up already  ::)

ECS

Quote from: TUFCAT on August 28, 2014, 07:41:45 PM

that we were GIVEN PERMISSION BY THE DMV AND CHRYSLER TO BUILD. :hah:  

Oh sure.  

Then call my bluff Doof-Cat!  Why don't you turn me in to the proper authorities.  Don't be surprised when they direct you right back to me to listen to your complaint.  :hah:  :rofl:

JB400

So.... there would be no problem then releasing the VIN of the Coronet that you used as a donor vehicle then? :popcrn:

TUFCAT

ECS

Quote from: JB400 on August 28, 2014, 07:52:53 PM
So.... there would be no problem then releasing the VIN of the Coronet that you used as a donor vehicle then? :popcrn:

Some of you guys just HAVE to try and find fault with anything I say or anything I am involved with.  I'll be happy however to post a picture of the original VIN label that was on the vehicle.  The dash and VIN plate were long gone from the shell that I purchased.  Please feel free to advertise the VIN Sticker on a Bill Board along the busiest Highway in the Country.  :2thumbs:

ECS

Quote from: TUFCAT on August 28, 2014, 07:41:45 PM
....you've got things mixed up already  ::)

By all means, please provide a detailed explanation on how Ford was able to have a "conversion vehicle" registered as an Assembly Line, Factory Car?  Fill us in on the specifics of the Monroney Label below that Pettybird was kind enough to provide us with.

TUFCAT

Quote from: ECS on August 28, 2014, 07:58:29 PM
I'll be happy however post a picture of the original VIN label that was on the vehicle.  The dash and VIN plate were long gone from the shell I purchased.

Okay, I'll bite....post up.

Quote from: ECS on August 28, 2014, 08:00:21 PM
By all means, please provide a detailed explanation on how Ford was able to have a "conversion vehicle" registered as an Assembly Line, Factory Car?  

I already did....who's counting the non sequiturs?  Is this #3 or #4?

ECS

Quote from: TUFCAT on August 28, 2014, 08:02:38 PM
Okay, I'll bite....post up.

I'll do it when I get to the office tomorrow.  In the mean time, please provide a detailed explanation on how Ford was able to have a "conversion vehicle" registered as an Assembly Line, Factory Car?  Fill us in on the specifics of the Monroney Label below that Pettybird was kind enough to provide us with.

TUFCAT

Quote from: ECS on August 28, 2014, 08:04:49 PM

I'll do it when I get to the office tomorrow. In the mean time, please provide a detailed explanation on how Ford was able to have a "conversion vehicle" registered as an Assembly Line, Factory Car?  Fill us in on the specifics of the Monroney Label below that Pettybird was kind enough to provide us with.

Okay that's definitely #4.

ECS

Quote from: TUFCAT on August 28, 2014, 08:02:38 PM
I already did....

No you didn't.  Everything you have stated thus far is in complete contradiction to what that ORIGINAL BOSS 429 FACTORY MONRONEY STICKER represents and conveys. 

ECS

Quote from: TUFCAT on August 28, 2014, 08:07:58 PM
Okay that's definitely #4.

Below was your moronic explanation which is a complete contradiction to the way Ford registers their specialty cars.  Keep back-peddling though.  And by the way Doof-Cat.....the proper context of the word in your erroneous quote below  should be "their" and not "there".

"..........boys getting there greasy mitts all over them Mustangs they hafta affix their own window sticker "addendum" to legally sell these rascals.  The addendum legally informs the new buyer of the adjusted MSRP, and other requirements under the monroney law such as equipment changes, and any specifications that are no longer applicable from the original build-up at Ford's Auto Alliance plant in Flat Rock, Michigan (where the factory window sticker was applied just in case you guys weren't keeping up)."

JB400

Quote from: ECS on August 28, 2014, 07:58:29 PM
Quote from: JB400 on August 28, 2014, 07:52:53 PM

Some of you guys just HAVE to try and find fault with anything I say or anything I am involved with.  I'll be happy however to post a picture of the original VIN label that was on the vehicle.  The dash and VIN plate were long gone from the shell that I purchased.  Please feel free to advertise the VIN Sticker on a Bill Board along the busiest Highway in the Country.  :2thumbs:
I'm not looking for any fault at all.  Merely a curiosity that I had was all.

BananaDan

*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

ECS

Quote from: BananaDan on August 28, 2014, 09:04:37 PM
I think we all know where this thread has gone.

That's what the losing end of the debate always says when they have been proven wrong!