News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Grassroots Motorsports (magazine) $2006 Challenge

Started by Lightning, March 16, 2006, 01:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightning

Hey all,

Grassroots Motorsports magazine puts on a Challenge each year to see who can build the best car for the dollar amount of the year (for example: $2006 for this year, next year will be the $2007 Challenge

The events that get judged are an Autocross, 3 runs at the dragstrip, and a "concours" judging.

The  rules say that the total cost of the car has to be included in the budget cap.  However, people can recoup about half of the vehicle's cost (up to $1003 for this year) by selling off unneeded vehicle parts, also this year some safety equipment's cost isn't going to be counted.

So here's my plan, since I have until September, I can buy the old Diplomat that's for sale down the street for $200 and have the first V8 4-door car ever entered in the event.  It's got two things I was already gonna buy for the Chrysler, so I figured, "why not just sell the Chrysler and use the Dippy instead?"  It's got a 8 1/4 Sure Grip with 3.55 gears, and a good drivetrain.  The dash is already taken out of the car, so I won't be restricted by that if I installed a rollcage and stripped the interior of everything except two bucket seats.

Think I could have a shot and wind up with a decent race car for use later on?

oh, Grassroots Motorsports' website is www.grmotorsports.com
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

700HPCharger

I think that would be pretty cool, I am a little concerned with the quality of the "Concours" show ;D

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Lightning

no kiddin, I'm gonna need it.  I'm thinkin about cloning the "downstream" turbo idea that I saw in Mopar Muscle a couple months ago.  Nice big turbo + 318 block + stroker crank = maybe 450 hp?

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Lightning

one off of a Daytona/LeBaron/Spirit/Talon/Eclipse, got plenty of those in the junkyard

or maybe finding one off of a Ram with a Cummins 5.9 Diesel.