News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2015 Hellcat Charger

Started by War wagon, August 13, 2014, 10:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

familymopar

All wheel drive option on the V8s though.  Wish that was an option for the hellcat.

1968 Charger R/T 440 727
1971 Duster Pro-Street
2009 Challenger SRT8 6 Speed
2009 Jeep Cherokee SRT8

1974dodgecharger

A chase wont last 13mins for the person with hellcat,lol.....

DC_1

odcics2

The Boys of Dearborn and Warren got nuttin' for the Men from Auburn Hills.  :coolgleamA:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

bill440rt

As bad as I want one, more than likely it won't happen. When the minivan goes to greater pastures, I'll be in the market for a family sedan. Hellcat probably wouldn't be the best, more practical daily driver choice. Lack of AWD combined with northeast winters further clinches the deal.
A Hemi, R/T, SRT, or Daytona (hopefully!) model will probably be in my foreseeable future.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

odcics2

Quote from: bill440rt on August 16, 2014, 02:24:47 PM
As bad as I want one, more than likely it won't happen. When the minivan goes to greater pastures, I'll be in the market for a family sedan. Hellcat probably wouldn't be the best, more practical daily driver choice. Lack of AWD combined with northeast winters further clinches the deal.
A Hemi, R/T, SRT, or Daytona (hopefully!) model will probably be in my foreseeable future.

Which of your choices have AWD ?
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

TheAutoArchaeologist

I was at the unveiling and got to take a ride in both the Hellcat Charger and Challenger and they are absolutely amazing.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/sets/72157646093480437/

Ryan

bill440rt

Quote from: odcics2 on August 17, 2014, 07:31:36 PM
Quote from: bill440rt on August 16, 2014, 02:24:47 PM

Which of your choices have AWD ?

According to Dodge's website AWD is available on the SE & SXT models for '15. Here's hoping they expand to others!  :icon_smile_big:

BTW, Vinsetta Garage is an awesome place!  :yesnod:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Indygenerallee

Man that Viper sure looks like a Ferrari sitting there!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Ghoste

Until you see one beside a Ferrari and the Dodge just looks so much tougher. :icon_smile_big:

BrianShaughnessy

I was told that there really wasn't a demand for AWD behind the hemi... so I believe in 15 AWD is limited to 3.6 cars.   :Twocents:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

War wagon

The police pursuit version is a 5.7L with AWD , I'm sure it will be AVALIABLE on the Charger in the future if not already AVALIABLE to the public

Rosco

I would definitely buy one, but my good friend Google informs me there is no plans to sell it in Australia at this point, which makes me sad.

I know there's the whole, "it's not a real charger because it's got 4 doors"... But Charger or not, I still think it looks sweeeeet!

And it'd be nice to have a Mopar that could really smoke the Holden Commodores and Ford Falcons everyone else is driving!  :P
"She needs premium, Dude! PREMIUM!!"

Armudster

Quote from: charger1972 on August 14, 2014, 01:33:14 PM
This was put on Facebook by a member here , and as one of the comments said " It`s on the internet so it has to be true " .

I am the one that did this Photoshop, and posted here on the forum, unfportunately, it isn't and never will be real, I also did a yellow version with revised C-Pillars.

Cheers.

JB400

Was you the one that did the convertible version as well?

Armudster

Quote from: JB400 on August 18, 2014, 02:17:30 PM
Was you the one that did the convertible version as well?

Nope, just these two versions, I am not a good good at the photoshop, so it was only a little bit of playing, lol. I tried to do a black one, but couldn't.

Cheers

UH60L

Quote from: Indygenerallee on August 14, 2014, 01:26:52 PM
Who cares what the hell they named it, Geeze, people still moaning about the Charger name on a 4 door...

A lot of people care.

Apparently you care, or you wouldn't have posted... 

My question?  Why do the trolls/4 door lovers/etc etc care?  Do you really think our efforts will convince Dodge to build a 2 door?  Or to change the name to something else?  Are your feelers hurt because: a) you secretly agree b) you used to agree but you've caved in and bought one or c)you jsut can't handle people having the freedom to not agree with you?

It's a free country (assuming you live in the U.S....) we are free to express our displeasure with Dodge's decision as many times, for as many years and in as many places, as we want.

I give Dodge a hard timw almost Daily on their Facebook page, via e-mail, at the local dealerships, and even with written letters.  I will continue to do this until either I die, the car gets discontinued, the car gets renamed, or they offer a 2 door.  I honestly don't know which will happen first.

Not once has my complaining impeded anyone's ability to buy any car they choose, or to post anything they want online.  What's the deal?

Or to put it bluntly: Geeze, people still moaning about people who don't like the Charger name on a 4 door...

UH60L

Quote from: DTB on August 14, 2014, 03:17:49 PM
After running the Charger into the ground after what,1974? Does it really matter that much that it came back as a 4 door? Without going with a retro look like the Challenger, it's just a name badge any way. Other than the tail light and hood and door design on the newer models, were there any other similarities. I'm sure when they were designing the new model they had a list of potential names that most appealed to people. Would you rather buy a 2015 Coronet or a 2015 Charger? I'd much rather have a 14 Charger 4 door than a 77 Charger 2 door...

Well, I wouldn't buy a 4 door. In fact, I intend to never buy any brand of 4 door car again specifically because of what Dodge did.

But I'd rather the 4 doors driving around were called Coronets. 

It's just a name badge any way?   Wow, stop trolling....

Indygenerallee

UH60L, Your a idiot if you think Dodge will ever make the 4 door Charger a 2 door... plain and simple.. They will not build a car that competes with the Challenger.  :slap:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

bill440rt

There isn't enough room in the model line for two 2-door retro looking vehicles. Like it or not it's just a fact, plain and simple.
Until the Challenger is dropped, it's not going to happen. Maybe. (Although it would be nice.)  :yesnod:
For some it's a good looking car, just as the Charger has morphed over time rolling with the market demand. For others it's Medusa.
Life goes on.

UH60L

Quote from: Indygenerallee on August 18, 2014, 03:52:36 PM
UH60L, Your a idiot if you think Dodge will ever make the 4 door Charger a 2 door... plain and simple.. They will not build a car that competes with the Challenger.  :slap:

And now you've moved on to personal attacks.

Your not doing yourself any favors...

UH60L

I bought a 2002 Honda motorcycle new.  Never had a problem with it.  Still have it, runs great.  Not once have I gone onto a honda discussion board and slammed anyone because they had issues with the bike.

I've owned numerous PC games over the years.  Not once have I ever gone onto the web sites for those games and slammed, screweed with, anyone who had issues, complaints against those game.

You know why?  Because if I own something, and I like it, there is no logical reason to go and screw with those who don't on some web site.  They are free to express their concerns and maybe even get them fixed in the future.  Doesn't hurt my feelings one bit.  It's none of my business. 

In the mean time I'm happily enjoying whatever the item is that I own.

Those who don't feel that way, well, that's your problem, not mine.  My concerns/complaints are and have always been, aimed at Dodge and it's parent company.  Unless your a majority shareholder in one them, any bad feelings you get from my posts are on you.

UH60L

I've always thought that, as a way around the "no 2 2 doors" argument would be to offer a 2 door option as the SRT version.  IE, all SRT cars are 2 doors.  Use the same exterior styling and such other than any special SRT treatment (hoods/stripes etc etc).

Just a thought...