News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2015 Hellcat Charger

Started by War wagon, August 13, 2014, 10:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRT-440

Don't worry there will be plenty of hellcat engine and trans in the salvage yards, after ppl that have never driven a high HP car gets done wrecking most of them.  :D
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

Indygenerallee

QuoteDon't worry there will be plenty of hellcat engine and trans in the salvage yards, after ppl that have never driven a high HP car gets done wrecking most of them.  Cheesy
Exactly!!  :icon_smile_big:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

odcics2

Saw a bright red one in a profile pic - looks like a vintage nascar stock car for the street! 
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

UH60L

Quote from: Armudster on August 13, 2014, 02:13:36 PM
The grille reminds a little bit a 68 one, that was a homerun! Car looks sick! There is only one way it will be better, lol. See attached pic.

Unfortunately, that picutre, as well as some of the actual custom 2 doors that have been built since 2006, suffers from the same problem, thinking the car has to be shorter to be a two door.

I gladly welcome the photoshops, design drawings and custom built cars, but leave it the same length and make it a two door.  The '68 charger is roughly 8 inches longer than the 2006 sedan.  There is no reason to shorten the car, just make the front doors longer.

As for an earlier troll comment about 4 doors and muscle cars, I've never made such a comment, but I'll say this, "4 door" and "Charger" don't belong togeather.  Coroent, yes, Chevelle, yes, Dart even, yes, Charger, no.

UH60L

I'm glad the cross hair is finally gone.  The grill, upper nose area would look better without the fugly wrap around headlights.

I still don't like what they did with the bumper/bumper line on this car.  I think if they were going for a old school separate bumper look they should have had it go all the way from side to side, not just that awkward looking middle section.

I have the feeling that the Challenger numbers are actally higher/faster in reality, but they wanted to try to suck people over to the sedan market.

I could care less how fast it goes, as long as it keeps on going...

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Troy on August 13, 2014, 10:49:49 AM
  Still a pig at 4,600 pounds though...

But it's a 4,600 lb. pig that can run 11 flat.

odcics2

Not much more than an old Hemi Charger that "only" runs 13.s   

Good stuff here :  http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/charger/2015-hellcat.html

cavemanno1

To each his own but i think this car is one of the most boring looking musclecar let alone for the fastest,most powerfull musclecar!
I know you guys don't like the grill on the earlier ones but for me the car should scream madness power!I think this is what it should be!!!

bill440rt

Looks-wise, IMHO it's a massive improvement.  :drool5:    LOVE the new redesign, the Hellcat package even makes it more attractive.
"C'mon honey, let's head to the dealer to see about getting out of our T&C a little sooner, eh?"  There will be NO argument.  :yesnod:  :drool5:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Indygenerallee

That black widebody Charger looks terrible..  :eek2:  :puke: :puke:

Indygenerallee

QuoteThe Challenger Hellcat boasts a 199 mph top speed and 11.2 second quarter miles with street tires. The main difference, according to SRT's Russ Ruedisueli, is aerodynamics. Thus, despite being larger than the Challenger, the Charger actually faster.

QuoteThe Charger Hellcat is around 100-120 lb more than the Challenger Hellcat.

QuoteProduction is not to be limited, despite past rumors (not posted by Allpar). The company expects to sell more than the 1,200 "limit" in the rumors. The goal is to get as many people talking about Dodge as possible, according to Mr. Kuniskis, so limiting production would be self-defeating.

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

odcics2

Quote from: Indygenerallee on August 13, 2014, 08:24:33 PM
That black widebody Charger looks terrible..  :eek2:  :puke: :puke:

I second and third that!    :puke: :puke: :puke:

ws23rt

I am finally impressed with the look of the charger again.  And that it can run with the hottest factory muscle cars out there is a bonus. :2thumbs:

DTB

I do think the front end looks better. Don't like the wrap around head lights as mentioned. I don't like the tail light revision though. Looks too much like the Dart. I think the previous version which was flatter had the 69/70 appearance better. Morph the two together and it might look good.

indreams84

Don't see why everyone thinks this is a "huge improvement"....I still see a 4-door dodge with a Charger nameplate....that alone cancels out it's coolness factor. Shoulda named it a Dodge/Plymouth Fury or something reminiscent of a true sedan instead.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T #s Matching

familymopar

Quote from: indreams84 on August 14, 2014, 12:14:09 PM
Don't see why everyone thinks this is a "huge improvement"....I still see a 4-door dodge with a Charger nameplate....that alone cancels out it's coolness factor. Shoulda named it a Dodge/Plymouth Fury or something reminiscent of a true sedan instead.

I love the car but agree that it just never should have carried the charger name.  Calling it a fury would have increased its cool factor by far.

1968 Charger R/T 440 727
1971 Duster Pro-Street
2009 Challenger SRT8 6 Speed
2009 Jeep Cherokee SRT8

Indygenerallee

Who cares what the hell they named it, Geeze, people still moaning about the Charger name on a 4 door...

charger1972

This was put on Facebook by a member here , and as one of the comments said " It`s on the internet so it has to be true " .

JB400

I bet if the SS starts selling quite a few manual trans, Charger will get one as well.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: charger1972 on August 14, 2014, 01:33:14 PM
This was put on Facebook by a member here , and as one of the comments said " It`s on the internet so it has to be true " .

I like it how everyone gets all mad about it......

charger1972

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on August 14, 2014, 02:55:37 PM

Me to . Very entertaining .

DTB

After running the Charger into the ground after what,1974? Does it really matter that much that it came back as a 4 door? Without going with a retro look like the Challenger, it's just a name badge any way. Other than the tail light and hood and door design on the newer models, were there any other similarities. I'm sure when they were designing the new model they had a list of potential names that most appealed to people. Would you rather buy a 2015 Coronet or a 2015 Charger? I'd much rather have a 14 Charger 4 door than a 77 Charger 2 door...

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: charger1972 on August 14, 2014, 03:07:31 PM
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on August 14, 2014, 02:55:37 PM

Me to . Very entertaining .

I'm just reading some of the comments you soon realize the younger crowd love the 4 doors charger and some didnt even know a 2 door charger exists.  Some called the new charger a 3rd gen.....and 2009 to 2014 i think they call 2nd gen, lol....

Old Moparz

I'd rather have the Challenger.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry