News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2015 Hellcat Charger

Started by War wagon, August 13, 2014, 10:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

War wagon

Just watched the live press stream event of the reveal of the new Hellcat Charger.
Dodge is BACK in a big way IMHO with these two new monsters. The charger has less drag and a higher top speed than the Challenger Hellcat.
204mph! 0-60 3.7 1/4 11.00 ON STOCK TIRES
I SEE A LOT OF HAPPY MARRIED MEN RIGHT NOW WHOS WIVES NO LONGER HAVE AN ARGUEMENT AGAINST HELLCAT POWER!!!!!
LOL
Look honey it has four doors for the kids .......
Lmao

Ghoste

War wagon

I can't post the link from my iPad . Car is badass IMHO
Looks very mean in white

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

SRT-440

Although I love the Challenger...that Charger is amazing. I guess it will be the NEW fastest most powerful muscle car ever built.

*waiting for all the comments about how a 4 door isn't a muscle car..LOL*
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

BananaDan

*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

BananaDan

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Troy

http://jalopnik.com/the-707-hp-dodge-charger-srt-hellcat-the-worlds-most-p-1620758434

They made the body more attractive recently and FINALLY that stupid grill is gone! I can almost stand it now. Still a pig at 4,600 pounds though...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

BananaDan

I'm holding out for the SRT Hellcat Grand Caravan.   :icon_smile_big:

JB400

http://www.drivesrt.com/2015/charger-srt-hellcat/

I think they actually done a better job design wise on the SRT than they did on the base version.

charger_fan_4ever

Kool for a 4 door ;-)

I would take a Srt challenger over it anyday though. Hellcat challenger well just a league of its own.

Ghoste

Ghoste

But I do wish they had kept the more traditional Charger looking taillights instead of giving it the same as the new Darts.  :eek2:

SRT-440

So, if the charger is 4600lbs and runs 11 flat...wonder what a 68-70 b body would run with the hellcat? 9's?
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

BrianShaughnessy

I think it's pretty bad-ass    :2thumbs:     :Twocents:

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Todd Wilson

Quote from: BananaDan on August 13, 2014, 11:11:30 AM
I'm holding out for the SRT Hellcat Grand Caravan.   :icon_smile_big:

YEAH!  Now you are talking!  Maybe a Hellcat Durango!

Todd

Ghoste

You joke but look what they did with RT badging and then SRT.

JB400

I guess Chrysler doesn't give much provenance to badging.

Indygenerallee

If I had the choice of either the Hellcat Charger or Challenger it would be hands down Charger all the way for myself. Great looking car!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

JB400

Back to the tail light subject, I don't think it looks that bad.  They just arched the center up and removed the 3rd brake light.  Gives it a much cleaner look.

'14 model for comparison

familymopar

1968 Charger R/T 440 727
1971 Duster Pro-Street
2009 Challenger SRT8 6 Speed
2009 Jeep Cherokee SRT8

HPT BANDIT

I'm curious what a Hellcat create engine will go for.

DC_1

Quote from: HPT BANDIT on August 13, 2014, 01:22:51 PM
I'm curious what a Hellcat create engine will go for.

I watched the live product reveal on the car earlier today. During the question and answer period someone asked if they were going to offer crate engine Hellcat motor with electronics for those wanting to transplant them into something else. Timothy Kuniskis, the CEO of Dodge and SRT Brand, said right now their focus is on selling as many new cars with this package as they can ......so I guess this means not in the near future.

Oh, and he also said he wanted to dispel any rumours that they would limit production on either Hellcat Charger or Challenger.

He said he would not rule out putting the motor in other Chrysler products but said (with sarcasm) definitely it will not go in the Dart........which is too bad! :icon_smile_big:

Armudster

The grille reminds a little bit a 68 one, that was a homerun! Car looks sick! There is only one way it will be better, lol. See attached pic.