News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Dash Lower Trim

Started by q8charger, June 08, 2014, 05:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

q8charger

Hello ,

I'm looking for Dash Lower Trim for 1969 charger . The  Center is damage where i can find anew one ?

Ghoste

BEA should have the bezel you need.

Troy

You mean the pads? I don't believe they are reproduced at this time. The center one is also different between for cars with A/C.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Mike DC

It's a Charger.  Not everything that's needed is reproduced. 

If you can get a decent condition used one then the "Just Dashes" company can re-vacuum a fresh outer vinyl skin onto it. 

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 09, 2014, 08:47:07 PM

It's a Charger.  Not everything that's needed is reproduced. 

If you can get a decent condition used one then the "Just Dashes" company can re-vacuum a fresh outer vinyl skin onto it. 

Except then you lose the stitching .

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

q8charger

so what i should do ? i can't find any store

q8charger

Okay i find this for AC . Now where i can find it

sanders7981

Classic Auto Air in Florida sells a hard plastic piece that replicates the pad where the air vents mount. 

http://www.classicautoair.com/68_70_Mopar%20B-Body_Air_Conditioning_Mopar_AC.html

Troy

Quote from: sanders7981 on June 10, 2014, 08:13:29 PM
Classic Auto Air in Florida sells a hard plastic piece that replicates the pad where the air vents mount. 

http://www.classicautoair.com/68_70_Mopar%20B-Body_Air_Conditioning_Mopar_AC.html
Interesting. Wonder how it matches the others?

The only way to get the correct original pad (as far as I know) is through the used market. Check the forums and eBay. That center A/C pad is tough because they are thin and weak due to the vents and are almost always saggy.

Troy

Mike DC

That plastic version in the CAA website photo lacks the 68/69 ignition hole.

Troy

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 11, 2014, 12:10:51 PM

Then it's basically the 1970 plastic piece?

Troy

q8charger

sanders7981

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 11, 2014, 12:10:51 PM

Did not know that... But they list it as a 68-69 part.  I guess in a pinch, it's nothing a Dremel couldn't fix. 

Mike DC

You'd need to dremel out the hole, and also recreate the vinyl sidewalls of the hole that it sits in.  

They really shouldn't be advertising that thing as a 68-70 piece.  The 68/69 item oughtta be done with a different mold.

VegasCharger

Quote from: q8charger on June 11, 2014, 05:32:46 PM
Any one know if this part will fit on my car ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331091277576?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Yes it fits 68-69 Chargers (not sure about 70).

Like the above replies, 68-69 Charger center pads A/C & Non A/C are not being reproduced.
Used only. Descent non A/C pads are going for $125-$150, A/C pads not sure but way more $$$

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Chatt69chgr

PG Classics has been promising to repop the lower dash pads for both ac and non-ac for at least 3-years.  I know there is a big demand for these.  Not sure why he doesn't make these parts available.

green69rt