News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Non console four speed shifter handles

Started by Ghoste, August 12, 2014, 11:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

What are the visible differences between the stock factory Hurst shifter handle in a non console B-body and the aftermarket handle that Hurst sells for this application?

1974dodgecharger

one is straight and the others (console) are curved to the right and then up.  I bought in a package deal a non console and not thinking I put the handle in and then put down my center console and it didn't fit the handle was in the way...it has to curve 90 degrees near the bottom and then 90 back up straight.

Ghoste

Sorry not the difference between console and non-console, but the difference between oem and aftermarket Hurst for a non-console application.  Thanks though.

A383Wing

I thought I heard yesterday that the replacement handle is not square all the way up to shifter ball, that it turns round and tapers to threads

Ghoste

Okay, that sounds right now you say it.  Do you know if the bends are the same in both levers?

A383Wing

I cannot honestly answer that...I'm an Inland guy....never had a Hurst shifter