News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My '73 SE project

Started by pmike, August 12, 2014, 02:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmike

I thought to post a little introduction about my new project, it is a 1973 Charger SE with a 383, 727 and 8 3/4 currently in it. I got it some months ago in trade for a bike - I have been riding and working on harleys for a couple of decades but this is pretty much my first real hobby car.

Car has been imported from the states early this year, and I just got it registered on the road here in Finland. The floor was rusted through but has now been replaced and fixed, as well as rear parts of the rockers. Interior panels and carpets have been removed but I have (nearly) all the parts, engine runs really rich with a Demon carb that I will have to try tuning next, plan being to keep it on the road all the summers while doing the work starting from the engine bay through the interior to the paint..

It does not have a fender tag or a build sheet, and obviously engine does not match - it is originally M-code big block though - so I am not so much concerned on originality but will go a mild custom route probably with '71 grilles,  flush mounted bumpers, side lights removed and so.  It has the rear rised in true '70s style and I am kind of starting to like the look so may let it stay so for a while :)  

JB400

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Ghoste

Welcome to the site, you'll enjoy the car I'm sure.  I never cease to be amazed at the number of Mopars in Scandinavia.

EccentricMagpies

Great looking car!!!
:cheers:

Welcome to the site too!
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

72Charger-SE

Welcome to the site.    :2thumbs: You'll find answers to many of your questions here as you go through the restoration process.  Looks like a good car to start with.  I really like the blue.   Now roll up your sleeves and get to it...

GOD Bless!

percydaman