News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Actor Robin Williams Found Dead in Possible Suicide

Started by TruckDriver, August 11, 2014, 06:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

:o  :'(

"Veteran film and television comedic actor Robin Williams was found dead on Monday. He was 63.

The cause of death is believed to be suicide via asphyxiation, according to the coroner's office in Tiburon, Calif. He was found in his home.

According to his publicist, who confirmed the news, the actor had been battling depression of late and recently entered 12-step rehab stint for drug abuse."

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/robin-williams-found-dead-in-possible-suicide-1201280386/
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

chargerman69

bakerhillpins

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Dino

Woah wth!  That's really sad. 

RIP Mr. Williams
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

ws23rt

myk

WTF?  I will never understand how someone with that much fame, wealth and power; who has reached out and touched or influenced audiences the world-over can suffer the symptoms of lesser men that eventually leads to suicide.  In the end, I guess every man's pain is their own. 

I loved Robin Williams in "The World According to Garp."  Godspeed, Mr. Williams...

Ghoste

Never underestimate depression, its a real disease like any other and doesn't choose its victims by race, status, gender or anything else.  As a side comment, I seem to remember both hearing something about many comedians struggling with depression and I also seem to remember Robin Williams possibly speaking once on that very topic?
In any case, very sad for his family and friends.

F8-4life

Quote from: myk on August 11, 2014, 08:14:41 PM
WTF?  I will never understand how someone with that much fame, wealth and power; who has reached out and touched or influenced audiences the world-over can suffer the symptoms of lesser men that eventually leads to suicide.  In the end, I guess every man's pain is their own. 

I loved Robin Williams in "The World According to Garp."  Godspeed, Mr. Williams...

For a person with depression,  what is hard to realize is suicide is a selfish action.
It may sound judgmental but for someone with Robin W accomplishments I agree with myk.

Ghoste

Perhaps, but having dealt with it I can say that it isn't about accomplishments, in fact the accomplishments can be through a desire to try and overcome some of the very symptoms that are there.  That decision to end things can seem very logical and calmly thought out.  It can truly be seen as helping those around you.  Strange but true, after all its a mental problem which by its very definition means you are not thinking the way others are.

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Ghoste on August 11, 2014, 08:21:56 PM
Never underestimate depression, its a real disease like any other and doesn't choose its victims by race, status, gender or anything else.

X2! 

Very sad to hear this!
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

F8-4life

Quote from: Ghoste on August 11, 2014, 08:46:31 PM
Perhaps, but having dealt with it I can say that it isn't about accomplishments, in fact the accomplishments can be through a desire to try and overcome some of the very symptoms that are there.  That decision to end things can seem very logical and calmly thought out.  It can truly be seen as helping those around you.  Strange but true, after all its a mental problem which by its very definition means you are not thinking the way others are.

Well I agree it can be seen as the right decision at the time for someone with depression. But Having such prior success and money gives you plenty of  a chance to overcome your hardships. A chance that a lot of people never get. So I tend to think its a selfish act for someone like him.

ws23rt

Quote from: F8-4life on August 11, 2014, 08:36:14 PM
Quote from: myk on August 11, 2014, 08:14:41 PM

For a person with depression,  what is hard to realize is suicide is a selfish action.
It may sound judgmental but for someone with Robin W accomplishments I agree with myk.

It is true and generally agreed that suicide is a selfish action.  I and perhaps many tend to think of the word selfish as meaning intentional disregard for others.
I've come to learn that hurting others is seldom what pushes one over the edge.  It is desperation at the end and is to put an end to it.
It is sad to hear thinking that their were perhaps many years of discomfort that lead to this.  

Indygenerallee

I had a good friend kill himself he was the same age... (two years ago) they found him hanging in the garage and there was a loaded .45 under the chair (I guess if the hanging did not work) You would have never thought anything was wrong with him...terrible..Happy go lucky guy and then the thought that he just took his own life...why? I just wish these people would reach out, maybe they are afraid of being labeled as weak, idk its surely sad though.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

bill440rt

Horrible, awful news.  :'(
Truly a comedic legend, he will be missed.

RIP Robin Williams.  Nanoo-Nanoo.  :engel016:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

69wannabe

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Drache

A real shame! Unknown to many Robin Williams and his wife were diehard "Legend of Zelda" fans and even named their daughter Zelda and joke she was conceived during a Legend of Zelda marathon his wife and him were doing. He will be greatly missed.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

polywideblock

very sad RIP robin     :'(

depression is like the sea , even when its calm  its always there and it wears you down    :Twocents:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

JB400

Sad news to hear.  Almost makes you wonder if in the movies where he was depressed, was he acting or was it real?

At least you'll get to see him a couple more times in some upcoming movies.  Might be hard to watch

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/robin-williams-leaves-behind-four-movies-including-94488476787.html

Old Moparz

Totally shocked by this. I first saw Robin on HBO in the 70's & his stand up was incredible. He will be missed.  :'(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH7crqRvhhc
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

69rtse4spd

John_Kunkel

Liked him better as an actor than as a comedian.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Nacho-RT74

I have allways admired Robin Williams! Usually I don't care this kind of stuff but this time, this touched me!

A local newspaper cartoonist just draw this:

on the dialog cloud we can read

THE REAL GENIOUS!

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

djcarguy

i liked his work starting with mork an mindy. he always seemed open an a little off at same time. will bee missed. another sad,untimly loss. all my best wishes an sorry to his kids,family an friends.

sincere sorry an prayers to his family,,hope he found some peace. DJ a fan

inside edition did a nice job tues,bout his life an work an family.. more than 39,500 suicides a yr over 100 aday.more than car wrecks an homicide each year..very sad numbers.

depression is very hard for wives an family to understand an deal with ,or know when the sufferer is at thier lowest point an death seems like a good answer to stop the mental an physical pain as many who suffer do so in silence. wish he had got some help an stayed around for his family.

PLEASE bee open if you need help or open to help family an friends..  THanks ,RIP Robin