News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ported Stealth Heads

Started by comet_666, August 11, 2014, 02:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68charger440

I am not looking to be a serious racer like some of you guys are.  I will be happy with somewhere between 500 and 600 hp, and I want it to be very street friendly.  I also don't want my poor little sure grip in a 741 case to bite the dust or twist my frame etc. either.  I can see that the TF look real nice and would boost performance more than the CNC Stealths, but how much more will it cost when all is said and done between headers and related exhaust refitting, rocker setups etc. :shruggy:  I need a couple of grand for wheels and tires, and Miss piggy is squealing a bit at the prospect of going too far on this top end.  I guess I need to think about it and decide for sure how far I want to go.  If I was looking for bigger HP and torque I would probably drop the CNC Stealths out of the running, but for a 500 to 600 HP build are the Stealths really that much of a risk? :shruggy:
When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!

BSB67

Quote from: 68charger440 on October 16, 2015, 03:58:10 PM
I am not looking to be a serious racer like some of you guys are.  I will be happy with somewhere between 500 and 600 hp, and I want it to be very street friendly.  I also don't want my poor little sure grip in a 741 case to bite the dust or twist my frame etc. either.  I can see that the TF look real nice and would boost performance more than the CNC Stealths, but how much more will it cost when all is said and done between headers and related exhaust refitting, rocker setups etc. :shruggy:  I need a couple of grand for wheels and tires, and Miss piggy is squealing a bit at the prospect of going too far on this top end.  I guess I need to think about it and decide for sure how far I want to go.  If I was looking for bigger HP and torque I would probably drop the CNC Stealths out of the running, but for a 500 to 600 HP build are the Stealths really that much of a risk? :shruggy:

I think the cost of the two is about the same.  I think that the only thing that the TF will require that the Stealths might not require is new pushrods.  Everything else is the same. The TF will not need new headers or rockers any differently than the Stealths, and those are optional choices for either set of heads.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

68charger440

Quote from: BSB67 on October 16, 2015, 06:36:41 PM

I think the cost of the two is about the same.  I think that the only thing that the TF will require that the Stealths might not require is new pushrods.  Everything else is the same. The TF will not need new headers or rockers any differently than the Stealths, and those are optional choices for either set of heads.
I think that the stealth heads have the straight plugs in the same locations as stock so that my current headers will still work whereas I think the TF has the angled plugs that won't work with my current headers.  If that is the case then even just the headers and reworking of my exhaust to match up with the new ones will probably get close to another $1000.  I'm kind of torn between the two right now.
When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!

BSB67

Quote from: 68charger440 on October 16, 2015, 06:54:29 PM
Quote from: BSB67 on October 16, 2015, 06:36:41 PM

I think that the stealth heads have the straight plugs in the same locations as stock so that my current headers will still work whereas I think the TF has the angled plugs that won't work with my current headers.  If that is the case then even just the headers and reworking of my exhaust to match up with the new ones will probably get close to another $1000.  I'm kind of torn between the two right now.

How do you know that they wont fit?  A lot of people run headers with angle plug heads.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

68charger440

Fair enough...  I am not sure since I'm not sure who made the headers that are on the motor now.  My memory doesn't go back that far.  I put them on in the 70s when I was a kid and I'm sure I just went with whatever was popular at the time.  I think they were Hooker, but I wouldn't swear by it.  I can only say that the straight plugs that are on the Stealths should fit since they are supposedly in the same location and angle as the 906.  I guess I could roll the dice and see if it fits, or just bite the bullet and go for the Dougs.  I just need to find the right balance that gives good streetable power without breaking the bank.

XH29N0G

You can also put a ding in the headers to clear the close plugs.  I had to do this (Hooker Comp headers).  It isn't a purist route, but it works for my purposes.  If these wear out, I will swap in some that fit better though. :Twocents:
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

myk

That's good to know.  Hopefully when it's time to get heads I can stick with a straight angle type head...

68charger440

It's too bad there is no list of which headers fit which heads. :shruggy: