News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Emdrive spacecraft?

Started by b5blue, August 03, 2014, 06:56:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

green69rt

Ok, now my brain has not only exploded but has collapsed back into a black hole where nothing can get out (probably nothing in there to start with!!) :eek2:

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: b5blue on August 05, 2014, 01:39:34 PM
  I'm mostly considering the concepts of "extra dimensions" a way of attempting to understand/explain things going on that we can't wrap our minds around. To me it seems clear that Einstein's enforcement of the light speed limit will imply time, as part of "space-time", runs in both directions.  Ironically speed is relative to the passing of time yet you can't measure speed with out time. They have proven the faster you go the slower the object at speed experiences time. (Can it slow so far it will reverse by going faster?)
  If time will run retro it would explain bunches of quantum effects that seem unexplainable without other dimensions to me. As there is no way to see the results of any experiment...before you do it, we can't test retro-time.  :eek2:   (It doesn't mean it's not happening.)

Yes, if the photon goes faster than the speed of light, one of the things that it can experience is a slight reversal of time.  That was an experience given in one of the outcomes of the experiments that I mentioned before (showcased on NOVA years ago).  [From what I remember of it, they took laser pulses from a CD player and passed it thru a physical barrier before reaching the speaker.  During their tests, they could get the speaker to register the pulse slightly before they triggered the pulse from the player, caused by tunneling effects.]  Particles of mass can also undergo this process going thru a medium (in relation to light traveling thru the same medium), but they become restricted due to their masses.  Cherenkov radiation (the blue glow) is an example of what happens when super high velocity charged particles slow down in a nuclear reactor core....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: green69rt on August 05, 2014, 02:50:02 PM
Ok, now my brain has not only exploded but has collapsed back into a black hole where nothing can get out (probably nothing in there to start with!!) :eek2:

Sorry, I should have posted a warning label before hand about the geekness level in my replies.  My bad. :-\...

Mike DC

green69rt

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on August 05, 2014, 04:29:03 PM
Quote from: green69rt on August 05, 2014, 02:50:02 PM

Sorry, I should have posted a warning label before hand about the geekness level in my replies.  My bad. :-\...

Nah, just a little poking...... :poke:

b5blue

I took some time to look into FTL and "causality", interesting theory. (Tunneling photons and such.)  :scratchchin: Right now the Charger is a demanding mistress that won't be denied so my time is limited!  :lol:   

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: b5blue on August 08, 2014, 09:28:46 AM
I took some time to look into FTL and "causality", interesting theory. (Tunneling photons and such.)  :scratchchin: Right now the Charger is a demanding mistress that won't be denied so my time is limited!  :lol:   

I understand, as I am only 10 days from starting a new school year at the university....

Chad L. Magee

Here is a link to the news report on supercooled nuclear fusion reaction that I mentioned before on this thread:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/12/tech/innovation/energy-fusion/

The actual scientific article is in an issue of Nature from this year....

b5blue

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: b5blue on August 15, 2014, 03:53:41 PM
Thanks Chad!  :2thumbs:

Not a problem.  I had this information posted outside of my office door to get students interested in the newest research out there in science.  I seem to have misplaced the specific Nature article, so this was the best I could do.  Very few take the time to read it, which is sad since it could change the future of energy production.  I did have a few good discussions with undergraduate researchers about it.  We will be starting college on Monday, so time to crack open some minds again (make them:  :scratchchin:) and see what is inside (hopefully not:  :shruggy: :rotz:)....

RallyeMike

QuoteOne G is  zero to sixty in 2.75 seconds. At one G, zero to 186,282 miles per second takes about 355 days if I figured right. Accelerate for a year to 99 % speed of light. cruise for about 3 1/2 years ,then decelerate for about a year and you could be to the nearest star outside our solar system.

Human endeavors run mostly on chemical energy. The Universe run mostly on nuclear fusion and gravitational colapse. I think we will need to harness those to go on a star trek.

:yesnod:

When you start doing the math you realize how daunting the task of emerging from our solar system is. Throw in the consideration of how fragile human beings are outside of our eco-sphere and it doesnt take long to come to the conclusion that we are not going anywhere soon. The wonderful thing about human beings is, we don't care how big the challenge is. We dream on!
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/