News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Guy trying to get rid of his Charger

Started by Drache, August 07, 2014, 12:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

Not me, found this ad online:

Quote'74 Charger for trade. Just put a new set of roller rockers in and screwed it up. So now i have bent valves in four different cylinders. The motor is a 440 with a 727 transmission and a new 2800 stall torque converter. It has ceramic headers with x-pipe exhaust, new mini pack power starter, new cam, new lifters, new timing chain, new leaf springs, new seats. Car has 8 & 3/4 rear end with sure grip posi and 3:55 gears and the list goes on and on. I am fed up with the car, time for a change. Try your trade. Please do not ask me what i want, just tell me what you have. trade value close to 20,000 may trade for the right t bucket or rat rod

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

myk

Slowpoke

He says it has ceramic headers, but the picture shows factory manifolds.  :shruggy:
68 R/T LL1
under restoration for the last 25 years

jaak

Quote from: Slowpoke on August 07, 2014, 02:21:37 PM
He says it has ceramic headers, but the picture shows factory manifolds.  :shruggy:

Maybe they are older pictures  :shruggy:, maybe they have been installed since the pics were taken??

That's a good looking car, I just am not a big fan of the SE quarter windows/louvers, I do like the hood, spoilers, and painted bumpers. Lower the rear, change the wheels and tires... I could probably live with the SE windows. I don't see a trade value of 20k though... maybe that's just me??

Jason

Drache

Shame he wasn't in BC (it's in Ontario) I might actually have traded the Dart for it  :shruggy:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

70 sublime

He has had the ad up for a while and has changed the wording a bit

When he first posted it saying he wanted a trade because he was sick of it and wanted out I tried to trade him my daughters 2004 Mini we are trying to sell and some cash but he never answered me

Now the ad says around $20 000 so he must be getting some responses but not enough value to suit

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

ACUDANUT

It's hard to get 20K from a 73/74. If it was a 71/72 he would have better luck. :Twocents:

Wicked72

kinda like the car. what a shame..wouldnt take much to fix it just some patience.   i wonder if he would sell the hood  :smilielol:
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

Benfro89

Wow thats a great car sad hes asking so much  :P
LOOKING FOR THE ONE :)

myk

Quote from: 70 sublime on August 07, 2014, 07:57:11 PM
He has had the ad up for a while and has changed the wording a bit

When he first posted it saying he wanted a trade because he was sick of it and wanted out I tried to trade him my daughters 2004 Mini we are trying to sell and some cash but he never answered me

Now the ad says around $20 000 so he must be getting some responses but not enough value to suit

Personally I'd keep the Mini than have to look at those SE quarter windows every day...

1974dodgecharger

EccentricMagpies

That's the same car on moparts isn't it?

There was a very similar car on ebay just this week that looked identical to this one minus the hood.  Last I seen it was at 11500 with no reserve. 
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

Grim Jhaixus

I dunno. I read this and I kinda feel like it's a big red headache. Can't help it. I mean, yeah the body looks good but if he was half-assing the valve train what else on this car was, in his own words, "screwed up"?

That's a ball-and-chain car, one you marry, and if $20k is the dowry it's gotta be a love-at-first-fight thing.

I'm already married.  :shruggy:
"Scars" 1973 Base 318/904 Originally B5

Married on November 23rd, 2009
Fried all the electricals two weeks after purchase
Set on fire ~twice~
Overheated til it would diesel a full five minutes ~twice~

Never once didn't start, never stranded me, never once did not take me where I needed to go. Daily driver of 4+ years.

Currently undergoing 413/727 swap after I finally beat the 318 til it lost a headgasket. The kicker is the 318 still cranks and runs like nothing is wrong. I love my ca

viper r/t

Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 07, 2014, 08:22:08 PM
It's hard to get 20K from a 73/74. If it was a 71/72 he would have better luck. :Twocents:

Still would be a small miracle.

Drache

Quote from: viper r/t on August 08, 2014, 11:29:32 AM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 07, 2014, 08:22:08 PM

Still would be a small miracle.

With current Canadian prices? Not really. If that car was in running condition it would easily sell for $20,000
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Charger74

Quote from: EccentricMagpies on August 08, 2014, 08:03:18 AM

There was a very similar car on ebay just this week that looked identical to this one minus the hood.  Last I seen it was at 11500 with no reserve.  

If it's the same, a lot has been done to change it around so I don't think it is.  

I wouldn't mind either to replace my 73 I sold last year.  But not sure this one I would want the headache of tearing down the motor.   It's also a small block car if I am not mistaken from the looks of the inner fenders.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Charger74 on August 08, 2014, 02:41:06 PM

There was a very similar car on ebay just this week that looked identical to this one minus the hood.  Last I seen it was at 11500 with no reserve.  

If it's the same, a lot has been done to change it around so I don't think it is.  

I wouldn't mind either to replace my 73 I sold last year.  But not sure this one I would want the headache of tearing down the motor.   It's also a small block car if I am not mistaken from the looks of the inner fenders.

Huh ? It's a BB car  :scratchchin:

myk

If he was so sick of the car and ultimately wanted to sell it, he never should've opened up the motor and messed with it.  Now, it's just a non-running, dead car and it'll be a tough sell for the range of money he's asking for...

1974dodgecharger

:shruggy:
Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 09, 2014, 09:23:21 AM

Huh ? It's a BB car  :scratchchin:

Actually its a no block car....

jaak

Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 09, 2014, 09:23:21 AM

I wouldn't mind either to replace my 73 I sold last year.  But not sure this one I would want the headache of tearing down the motor.   It's also a small block car if I am not mistaken from the looks of the inner fenders.

Huh ? It's a BB car  :scratchchin:

I think he meant originally a small block car. The right inner fender is different on BB and SB cars on 73/74 models. Small blocks have a smaller hole with a metal plate covering it, while Big Block cars have a larger hole with a rubber cover.

BB inner fender....

SB inner fender (plate isn't installed, but u can see the hole) ...

Jason

Grim Jhaixus

I know we are off topic here but is there a reason for the different style inner fender? (I'm mid swap on my '73 SB to BB right now)
"Scars" 1973 Base 318/904 Originally B5

Married on November 23rd, 2009
Fried all the electricals two weeks after purchase
Set on fire ~twice~
Overheated til it would diesel a full five minutes ~twice~

Never once didn't start, never stranded me, never once did not take me where I needed to go. Daily driver of 4+ years.

Currently undergoing 413/727 swap after I finally beat the 318 til it lost a headgasket. The kicker is the 318 still cranks and runs like nothing is wrong. I love my ca

RJS

That car is built to a personal taste, combine that with a less than desirable year and now mechanical issues. I'd say he'd be lucky to get 11K out of it and that would be to an uniformed type buyer that thinks a Charger is a Charger!
Ron

RJS

There was a very similar car on ebay just this week that looked identical to this one minus the hood.  Last I seen it was at 11500 with no reserve. 
I had to look at the pictures for a while but this Charger isn't the same one from Moparts, engine compartment is Black on this one and wheels are different too. I bet this ad is hurting the sale of the other one that looks much nicer.
Ron

wingcar

If he really wants to sell, it would sem as if he will indeed need to lower his price........(But, you never know, it could just be someone's "dream car"......
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

AKcharger

I might call and Say "I don't want the whole car but I'll give you $500 for the hood" I bet he'd appreciate that  :rofl: