News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new guy with a console question

Started by el gringo, August 27, 2014, 02:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el gringo

starting a restoration on a 68 charger that was originally a 4 speed car that somebody ripped out all the console and brackets, I am now  converting it to a automatic /console shift, I have the new console and brackets but having trouble finding the exact location they need to be. when everything is mocked up with the shifter rod straight up and down the console will sit off center towards driver, is that correct ? is stock console location not centered on trans hump? seems odd to me but if I pull it over to center my shift rod that goes up and down is out of alignment.
any help would be appreciated

DC_1

Ghoste

They should be straight up and down and the console centered.

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

el gringo

thanks, I realized the trans/driveline hump is not centered in body so the console sits over to one side but looks odd to me in the back, if anybody has a pic of one installed with the seats out would be great been trying to find a pic of how the rear of the console looks installed but cant find any. having problems trying to attach pics

twodko

I use Web Photo Resizer. Easy to download, easy to use.

Once you get the brackets in place it'll turn out fine
and your console will look great.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

el gringo

Quote from: twodko on September 04, 2014, 07:28:05 PM
I use Web Photo Resizer. Easy to download, easy to use.

Once you get the brackets in place it'll turn out fine
and your console will look great.

thanks, im going to try that download and maybe I can show what im talking about, I did just get a rear console bracket that does mount straddling the hump to one side.

twenty mike mike

This is about a 4 speed console, but the installation dimensions should work for you. The front and rear brackets are the same.

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?50077-1969-console-location

el gringo

Quote from: twenty mike mike on September 11, 2014, 04:03:23 PM
This is about a 4 speed console, but the installation dimensions should work for you. The front and rear brackets are the same.

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?50077-1969-console-location

thank you very much, that helped a bunch !!

plasticman-32

El geingo i need this too so if you find the mesurments please let me know
because i need need to weld my brackets in thanks

el gringo

Quote from: plasticman-32 on September 18, 2014, 09:31:19 PM
El geingo i need this too so if you find the mesurments please let me know
because i need need to weld my brackets in thanks

good info here

HeavyFuel

Maybe a little late, but here are a couple shots that might help.