News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 F6 Hemi charger

Started by F8-4life, July 31, 2014, 12:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

A frame off restoration.  :rotz:
I also see where they mention it got the guru decode so my guess is that one of two number could very likely be one of those misquotes that come from people not understanding that Galen is actually telling them its number "X" of the ones he has registered.  I'd like to see the fender tag on it.

Mytur Binsdirti

Also, it's an automatic with a Dana.....I don't think so. But, I'd suffer with it.   ;)

ChargerSG

I would suffer with that to :icon_smile_big:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

ionracer24

What are they smokin when they come up with the value to these cars??  I love a hemi, just like the next guy, but even if i was donald friggin trump, i would never pay that much for a car....After all, its just sheet metal, cast iron and a little rubber and plastic..... :eek2:
Real race cars have three pedals......

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: ionracer24 on August 02, 2014, 04:19:51 PM
What are they smokin when they come up with the value to these cars??  I love a hemi, just like the next guy, but even if i was donald friggin trump, i would never pay that much for a car....After all, its just sheet metal, cast iron and a little rubber and plastic..... :eek2:

Sounds like an 82 Yugo suits your needs.

F8-4life

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on August 02, 2014, 05:23:42 PM

LOL that's a good one!  Man it's a hemi charger.
At this point in history it's basically a rolling drivable form of art.
Add to that historical significance.
I'm broke and I still think it's worth 100k.

ws23rt

:2thumbs:---You have a way with words that is concise.  :lol: ----Why blather on when all that needs to be said is a few to the point references that lead one to the understanding that what they just said is inane.---oops---yeh like that.

charge69

I have 70K (my estimate without adding up receipts) to 80 K (my wife's estimate) in my rotisserie restoration and would certainly hope this Charger goes for at least 100K !!   Hemi Chargers just don't grow on trees, especially a numbers-matching one like mine !   And NO, mine is not for sale, but if it was, it ain't going nowhere for a while !

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: ws23rt on August 02, 2014, 06:23:16 PM

:2thumbs:---You have a way with words that is concise.  :lol: ----Why blather on when all that needs to be said is a few to the point references that lead one to the understanding that what they just said is inane.---oops---yeh like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gayu212jfBY

ionracer24

Sounds like u dont recognize sarcasm when u read it....... :slap:
Real race cars have three pedals......

BROCK

Looks like a HEMI car?!  Without a few pics of the proof...........
I find it hard to ask serious money for anything that I cannot be
bothered to prove is real.  Nice & beautiful it is on the surface!!!

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: ionracer24 on August 02, 2014, 07:07:12 PM
What are they smokin when they come up with the value to these cars??  I love a hemi, just like the next guy, but even if i was donald friggin trump, i would never pay that much for a car....After all, its just sheet metal, cast iron and a little rubber and plastic..... :eek2:

Sounds like u dont recognize sarcasm when u read it....... :slap:

If I wuz u, Id brush up on sarcasm becuz it shure looked like a dopee response. U had uthers fooled 2.  Sorry about that cheef.  

Now that was sarcasm.    ;)

Ghoste

Honestly I have to raise my hand and say that I was one of the ones that was fooled.

1974dodgecharger

I don't give a crap, at 100k...its a nice car, but it will NEVER ever be driven  :2thumbs:

indreams84

This may sound like a novice question but why is the full VIN and documentation not being advertised in this listing? Seems like it would be prudent to ensure the numbers match before dropping a 100 large....?
1969 Dodge Charger R/T #s Matching

Troy

I can't imagine that anyone would buy the car solely off the ad. :shruggy: Look at the documents when you look at the car.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

100% correct Troy, even if there were no red flags you'd be nuts not to examine the pedigree.

indreams84

That would make sense, but it's interesting there are no shots of it

1974dodgecharger

people love papers, and vins and fender tags only.....people would buy it at 100k based on that alone.....you fender tag whores.

Ghoste

I don't know about that, but I definitely wouldn't pay 100k without it all.

hemi68charger

That is a very nice car.......... I remember running into the owner of the car back in the 80's when he temporarily moved down to West Palm Beach, Fl from Ohio. I discovered him when I went to the local auto parts store ( Hi-Lo - before the O'Reilly days ).. I see this very car in the parking lot and at the time, it was his daily vehicle. It was a cool sight seeing my white v-code '70 Charger R/T next to his '69 j-code...... This was way before digital cameras, so wasn't able to take a picture..... Looks as gorgeous today as it did then........  :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

indreams84

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on August 03, 2014, 11:06:38 PM
people love papers, and vins and fender tags only.....people would buy it at 100k based on that alone.....you fender tag whores.

Hahaha, as we say in the military and in healthcare..."if it ain't documented, it never happened" 

ChargerSG

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on August 03, 2014, 11:06:38 PM

Haha :smilielol:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

hemi68charger

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on August 02, 2014, 12:19:00 PM
Also, it's an automatic with a Dana.....I don't think so. But, I'd suffer with it.   ;)

Mark,
What's wrong with that? Both my '69's are auto's with factory 4.10 Dana's....... Both are A32 equipped cars.........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Ghoste

It's one of those things where if you just look at the data guide you come away with the impression you can't get the Dana and an automatic.  Once you dig a little deeper into the order guide you find its correct.