News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NEW JERSEY guys: Reputable "Old School" Alignment shop or guy?

Started by MackDa600, July 26, 2014, 01:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MackDa600

Finishing up my 68 R/T front end is in major need of alignment. I have installed adjustable strut bars, tubular adjustable upper control arms, on the tubular K frame. My run of the mill alignment shops don't want to get involved because the computer cant fix it! Anyways, I need help, car is basically done on a 100% nut & bolt restoration, but not drive-able because of the way the front end currently sits.

Looking for an honest shop or tech that knows what they are doing on these cars, that I don't have to explain myself to and essentially tell them how to do it. Can work at my house if needed (with their tools).

Thanks

bill440rt

I'll be watching this. I'm looking for one myself.
My trusted alignment mechanic closed shop about a year ago. I know of a very reputable, trusted Mopar mechanic in N.Jersey, but at the current time he is not equipped to do in-house alignments. At least not just yet.
:popcrn:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

MackDa600

ws23rt

Quote from: MackDa600 on July 26, 2014, 04:27:52 PM
Would he have interest in "getting it close"? LOL

If you have installed all the stuff you described yourself than I think you can get it close to alignment yourself. With a FSM (for spec. ref.), a tape measure, cheepo mag. protractor and a relatively level floor it is not so bad and kinda fun.  Also you may well find out if an alignment can even be done considering the number of non oem parts you are using and the possibility that they are installed incorrectly or are non compatible.

When I replaced all pivot  points and bushings on my c500 I tried this myself in the garage (my first time at alignment) and when I took it to the pros to make it right they told me it was close enough but they tweeked it a bit and said all was well.

I admit that an alignment with stock parts is not what you have but your car and wheels don't know what you have done. :lol: :Twocents:

71charger_fan

Used to be a great shop on 202 between Ringoes and Flemington, on the right side headed toward Flemington. I moved away a long time ago and have no idea if they're still there or what the name was. Maybe someone that still lives around there might know.

BananaDan

My local shop in Millburn has done alignments for me before.  The owner, Chris, has a lot of classics and they all race cars both road track and drag.  He'd love to see another Charger!  I trust them, good people.

New Palumbo's
238 Main St.
Millburn, NJ
(973) 379-9800
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein