News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Some things are just not meant to be

Started by Ghoste, July 26, 2014, 08:12:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on July 29, 2014, 06:18:27 AM
The purple Challenger doing the burnout at Carlisle belonged to a member here. Screen name escapes me, and don't recall seeing him or the car in years. Also had a cloned 4x4 Superbird, if I recall correctly.....

Marty passed away about five years ago.    His screen name was SunroofSuperbird.

ODZKing

Quote from: wingcar on July 29, 2014, 08:28:53 AM

I have a picture somewhere of a first generation Charger that someone made into a four door.....not a pretty sight....................But then I guess everyone has to dream....
You don't mean a Coronet cloned into Charger do you? You mean a fast back with 4 doors?
:eek2:

wingcar

Quote from: ODZKing on July 29, 2014, 11:13:39 AM
Quote from: wingcar on July 29, 2014, 08:28:53 AM

I have a picture somewhere of a first generation Charger that someone made into a four door.....not a pretty sight....................But then I guess everyone has to dream....
You don't mean a Coronet cloned into Charger do you? You mean a fast back with 4 doors?
:eek2:

Correct..........a Charger with 4 doors.  I believe it was white....
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

TUFCAT

Why ruin a Charger by putting 2 extra doors on it?  :shruggy:   I've heard of a Barracuda with four doors, but never a Charger!   :eek2:

F8-4life

The barracuda concept reminds me of the 56-57 buick "hardtop" wagons.

TUFCAT

Quote from: F8-4life on July 30, 2014, 10:58:14 AM

It was the Buick "Caballero".  By the way GM marketed its "GMC version" of the Chevy El Camino as a Caballero in the 80's.  It must be Spanish for "ugly hybrid thingie".  :smilielol:  

F8-4life

Quote from: TUFCAT on July 30, 2014, 11:03:48 AM
Quote from: F8-4life on July 30, 2014, 10:58:14 AM

It was the Buick "Caballero".  By the way GM marketed its "GMC version" of the Chevy El Camino as a Caballero in the 80's.  It must be Spanish for "ugly hybrid thingie".  :smilielol:  

Yep that's the one, I wish the hardtop pillarless wagon thing caught on.
Seems like they would be a blast to drive windows down and have a more stylish look without the door pillar.

TeeWJay426

Did not know that....sad to hear. He was a fairly young guy, guess I know why I haven't seen him or the cars recently. Don't recall seeing anything about his passing on here either. Too bad- had met him and chattd at Carlisle with him; seemed like a good guy, and was an enthusiatic Mopar fan.

Quote from: Aero426 on July 29, 2014, 08:53:45 AM
Quote from: TeeWJay426 on July 29, 2014, 06:18:27 AM
The purple Challenger doing the burnout at Carlisle belonged to a member here. Screen name escapes me, and don't recall seeing him or the car in years. Also had a cloned 4x4 Superbird, if I recall correctly.....

Marty passed away about five years ago.    His screen name was SunroofSuperbird.

74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed