News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I need a new carpet.

Started by Dino, July 25, 2014, 08:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Mine looks way too shaggy!

Instead of green I'm going to install a black one and gradually turn the whole interior black.  Who has the best deals on ACC carpet and console carpet these days?  I'm thinking I may want a more modern look; does anyone have a cut pile carpet in a 2nd gen? 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

green69rt

I don't know anything about these guys.  Never bought from them, yet.   I have it listed in my references as someone that provides "good fitting carpet."

Oops, forgot to add the link.   Later post says they are expensive.  :shruggy:
http://www.ecsautomotive.com/

Good luck.

Mopar Nut

Have you heard about ECS carpets?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Dino

Quote from: Mopar Nut on July 26, 2014, 02:57:28 PM

Yeah but I can't spend $400 on a carpet, not unless it's for a show car which this is not.

I'm leaning towards ordering carpet and enough material to do the console in cut pile, from Dante's.  I think that would be fairly close in look and feel of a modern car no?

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Dino on July 26, 2014, 03:41:17 PM

Yeah but I can't spend $400 on a carpet, not unless it's for a show car which this is not.

I'm leaning towards ordering carpet and enough material to do the console in cut pile, from Dante's.  I think that would be fairly close in look and feel of a modern car no?
Wow, I didn't know they were that much. I did buy ACC through YearOne two years ago for my 69 for $119.00 (30% off) shipped including console kit.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

ODZKing

I got my 67 carpeting back in the day from this place. http://www.ponypartsplus.com/
Yes, it is a Mustang place but she deals in carpet and back in 04 when I wanted carpet the choices were limited. She ordered the carpet to my door, it had the nice edging and overall I was very pleased. I have since sent many folks there and she has taken good care of them.
Her name is Lynn and she (used to) run the business from her home. Nice lady, very helpful.
If you are interested in making a call.

charger Downunder

Watch out for some of the cheap carpet it fades in the sun.
[/quote]

Dino

Has anyone tried these guys?  http://www.stockinteriors.com/AutoCarpet.asp?Itemid=600&MakeId=7&ModelId=132

I watched the video at the bottom and I like the mass backing they offer.  I can also get it in several types such as cut pile and they sell the console carpets as well.

BananaDan

Quote from: Dino on July 26, 2014, 03:41:17 PM

I put an ACC carpet in my car, I *think* from Dante. I like it. I also didn't want to spend the money on ECS.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Charger-Bodie

The Ecs carpet is worth every penny.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

b5blue

ACC has an upgrade padding option also I think.  :scratchchin: As a daily driver I'm thinking okay fix/quality without going nuts and I can just replace the whole mess down the road if it gets crappy.

Dino

I think ACC seems to be a good bet and ECS is the best there is.  I'm going to take a shot and order one from stockinteriors.com because I want something different.  I'm going to have one made in black cut pile with mass backing and I'm also getting the console carpet in cut pile.  It won't look stock but that's kinda the idea.  I have lots of interior plans for this car.

b5blue

Mopar Nut

Post pictures when you get it.

WHITE AND RED 69

I've got cut pile in mine. Nothing against the 80/20 carpet but I think the cut pile carpet looks way cleaner in my opinion.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Dino

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on July 27, 2014, 11:26:12 PM
I've got cut pile in mine. Nothing against the 80/20 carpet but I think the cut pile carpet looks way cleaner in my opinion.

I agree.  Where did you get yours?

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: Dino on July 28, 2014, 07:32:49 AM
Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on July 27, 2014, 11:26:12 PM

I agree.  Where did you get yours?

Trim Parts...I wouldn't buy from them again though. There is a lump on the transmission tunnel that will not go away, it's been 5 years and it's still there. Apparently there are a lot of complaints about this with Trim Parts carpets. I should have researched it better. When I replace it, it will be from ACC. My floor mats are from ACC and the quality is very nice.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

ODZKing

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on July 28, 2014, 12:57:36 PM
Trim Parts...I wouldn't buy from them again though. There is a lump on the transmission tunnel that will not go away, it's been 5 years and it's still there. Apparently there are a lot of complaints about this with Trim Parts carpets. I should have researched it better. When I replace it, it will be from ACC. My floor mats are from ACC and the quality is very nice.
I got my 73 carpet from Herbs at Carlisle thinking I got a deal.
It was Trim Parts carpet and yes, it has a lump.
I should have followed my own advise.  :brickwall:

Dino

Good to know on Trim Parts, I'm sorry you guys had the bad experience.

It seems that ACC can go either way but the complaints don't seem all that bad either.  I took a shot with this stockinteriors place, they seem to have a pretty solid reputation and it's not a huge loss if it doesn't turn out to be perfect.  It's carpet for a driver so I'm sure I can make it look decent.  It can't be worse than that green shag thing in my car right now!   :eek2:

I'll grab some pics when it arrives, along with the 3 piece console pieces, and post back.

green69rt

Quote from: Dino on July 28, 2014, 07:36:01 PM
that green shag thing in my car right now!   :eek2:

Green shag thing??  Owe, my eyes!!!

Mopar Nut

It can't be worse than that green shag thing in my car right now!   :eek2:
At least you had green, mine came with gold shag.   :brickwall:

green69rt

Quote from: Mopar Nut on July 28, 2014, 11:41:00 PM
It can't be worse than that green shag thing in my car right now!   :eek2:
At least you had green, mine came with gold shag.   :brickwall:

OK, now I am blind and have lost all feeling in my legs!! :lol:

b5blue

I've heard complaints about how it's shipped, folded up. (From everyone except ECS, they roll it up for shipping.) The big deal is the longer you leave it in the box the more it stretches to the folds. As soon as it arrives remove and let it relax. I'm itching to order mine but gonna wait till I'm exactly ready, have it made and shipped then get it in right away.   

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: b5blue on July 29, 2014, 05:45:27 AM
I've heard complaints about how it's shipped, folded up. (From everyone except ECS, they roll it up for shipping.) The big deal is the longer you leave it in the box the more it stretches to the folds. As soon as it arrives remove and let it relax. I'm itching to order mine but gonna wait till I'm exactly ready, have it made and shipped then get it in right away.   

The ECS carpet is shipped in a big flat box,so the carpet  never gets rolled or folded . That's one of the factors in the price. The stuff is awesome IMO .

But I don't think they sell cut pile anyway, so this won't help Dino anyway.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............