News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My coworker's insane 1968 Charger build from MCR. Vids/Pics.

Started by willhaven, May 04, 2010, 09:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Hogs Go

Go Hogs!

willhaven

Bump for an update.

It's now done. He hasn't driven it yet. First stop was the Car Craft Summer Nationals. Picked up the win for the pro builder shootout.

I hear he has 10k hours into the car.

Not sure when he takes delivery, but I think it's fairly soon. He's going to let me know when he's going to bring it by so I can take the 'Cuda in and we can snap a few group photos that day.

http://www.carcraft.com/summer_nationals/2014/john_balow_wins_the_pro_builder_shootout_at_the_car_craft_summer_nationals/?sm_id=social28321526

My other coworkers with the Mustangs. One wants to sell, the other getting the restoration is still waiting on his to be done. My restoration was finally "complete" in Sep 2012.

Proof that things take a LOT longer than expected.  :lol:

lasvegas69charg

69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

WHITE AND RED 69

That's badass!

But 10,000 hours! I would not want to see the total on that invoice. 
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Bob T

Good on him, what a long, costly and technical build.
Hope he tears the hell out of the highway with it.
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

willhaven

Quote from: Bob T on July 24, 2014, 02:58:39 AM
Good on him, what a long, costly and technical build.
Hope he tears the hell out of the highway with it.
If he doesn't, I'll just tell him my 'Cuda is faster in order to goad him into bringing it out.  :nana:

hatersaurusrex

Is it bad that my favorite thing on the whole car was the custom stitch door uppers/lowers and the center console?
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

69rtsetracpac

I thought it was strange that in the video, MCR appears to to be talking to someone who knows little about cars...explaining what a wastegate is and blowoff valve :shruggy: Is your co worker just a check book builder who just wants something but knows nothing about how it works? If he does know cars, I would be annoyed that MCR was talking to me like I was a dumba$$.
What was I thinking?