News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Snapped off dip stick.

Started by Crazy440, July 20, 2014, 02:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy440

My 4 yo Granddaughter was over "helping" me, as I removed parts from the 440.  It's sitting on an engine dolly.  She came over and says' "here Grandpa" and handed me the dipstick tube.  She had snapped it off.  I thanked her.
Now I have to figure out how to remove the part of the tube, still stuck in the block.  Wandering if I should use a spiral extractor or wait till I have the pan off and try and push it out from inside the block.
Oppinions?
Thanks
I used to have a handle on life....but it broke off.

lukedukem

Did that on an olds 455 and had the pan off. Just turned it over and punched it out from inside.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

green69rt

Quote from: Crazy440 on July 20, 2014, 02:54:55 PM
My 4 yo Granddaughter was over "helping" me, as I removed parts from the 440.  It's sitting on an engine dolly.  She came over and says' "here Grandpa" and handed me the dipstick tube.  She had snapped it off.  I thanked her.
Now I have to figure out how to remove the part of the tube, still stuck in the block.  Wandering if I should use a spiral extractor or wait till I have the pan off and try and push it out from inside the block.
Oppinions?
Thanks

If no hurry then from inside the block sounds easiest. Otherwise a extractor would probably work but you might have to be careful not to mar up the bore.  It's just an interference seal/fit.

rt green

sometimes you get a tap to grab it and then muscle it out with a vise grips.  somtimes
third string oil changer