News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stolen Cuda Found - But Not Returned.

Started by Brass, July 18, 2014, 07:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

That doesn't seem like the way its supposed to work.

polywideblock

think I'd be trying to trace previous owners  back to original scumbag and getting some payback in the old fashioned sense of the word  :flame:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

b5blue

ws23rt

This is way too simple---If the original owner was compensated by insurance than the insurance Co. owns the car. If that didn't happen than the original owner is still the owner.

I'm not a lawyer and screw the law when it comes down to it. What is right won't be changed by making laws.

If I had money that was not real money I am the one with the fake money. Where it came from is another issue. If I try to spend that money I am a crook cause it's not my money.

If we buy a stolen car we are not the new owner of that car.

UFO

Looks like a Ontario plate on it in the photo.
Wonder if that's just a generic green cuda pic or the actual stolen car.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Rocco Barnard

The video shows a picture of a "wanted" sign. The car was a 440-six pack, 4-speed, dark green metallic.

C5X DAYTONA

I have a friend working on this case.    The car has been stripped.    Sad.   Motor, trans, rear end are missing.    The Oregon law in place is not helping the original owner.  Hopefully they find this mystery guy who made out a bill of sale over 10 years ago.   (If there is such a person)
Caution.... Low flying aircraft.

tan top

Quote from: C5X DAYTONA on July 19, 2014, 02:06:08 AM
I have a friend working on this case.    The car has been stripped.    Sad.   Motor, trans, rear end are missing.    The Oregon law in place is not helping the original owner.  Hopefully they find this mystery guy who made out a bill of sale over 10 years ago.   (If there is such a person)

oh right stripped   :brickwall:   ,  was sort of  thinking it was still intact  :yesnod:  , hope he gets it back / sorted ,  did the insurance pay out ?  :shruggy:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ghoste

That law needs fixing too (not knowing the full wording or intent of course).  Didn't Oregon have a role in that rear engine GL?

RallyeMike

There are a lot of disturbing things about this story that need to be corrected. The current owner needs to cooperate and come clean with what he knows and then wait to see what he should legally do with the car. The fact that the police don't know how to interpret the law or their duty or have the resources to get a quick answer is the most disturbing.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Indygenerallee

Sad situation but I doubt the guy ever gets his Cuda back.. car will be re bodied, I hate thieves with a passion, I had a shop of mine broken into several years back and thousands of dollars worth of tools stolen, all thieves ought to meet the business end of a 12 gauge... game over
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

C5X DAYTONA

Steve Stanley is the guy listed as the seller on the hand written bill of sale from 2001, supposedly. The guy Sitton bought it with no title and sat on it for this long. Hmmmmm....     Question is to whether or not Steve Stanley even exists or is a made up name to put on the bill of sale.   So if anyone can track down the real Steve Stanley.......

C5X DAYTONA

Oregon has a really strange law, called adverse possession. Basically it means you can receive stolen property, in good faith, and sit on it for 10 years, then basically you own it. Check it out. http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/105.620

TUFCAT

Quote from: C5X DAYTONA on July 19, 2014, 02:34:59 PM

So if anyone can track down the real Steve Stanley.......

Maybe his real name is Slim Shady?  :scratchchin:

I think the Oregon law sucks in this case. :icon_smile_angry:    If this happened in Michigan, the original owner would be getting his car back. See thread...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,111455.0.html

Old Moparz

Regardless of the laws in that state I would be consulting with an attorney. As much as some may hate lawyers & crack jokes about them, they are paid professionals in that field who will know more than the average person when it comes to law.  :Twocents:

If a lawyer tells the original owner he's s**t of of luck, it's time to think about living in a different state.  ::)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

C5X DAYTONA

I purchased a F8 green 70 Challenger T/A sunroof 4 speed car in 2000.   Went back to pick up the car as the seller gave me a date to come back and he would have it out and ready..  Well I showed up and the guy disappeared.   Literally...He moved...   Hired an attorney after he told me it would be $8000 to take him to court if there was no other problems.    My attorney found him.  Sent a certified demand letter to deliver car.     Got all our ducks lined up to go to court and my attorney asked me to come in and have a meeting with him.    We went into a glass room were everyone could see but could not hear us.   He now wanted 45k because of the rarity and current market value of the car.  I almost slugged him but everyone was watching...     Walked out incredibly ticked off because that was 3X what I paid for the car.     As for this Cuda,  I am afraid the same will happen if he hires an attorney..   One good thing for the original owner of the Cuda is since the car was stolen,  the law will investigate.   But in my case I knew the guy so it's just a civil case with no law enforcement help involved..    :flame: 

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: TUFCAT on July 19, 2014, 05:13:16 PM
Quote from: C5X DAYTONA on July 19, 2014, 02:34:59 PM

So if anyone can track down the real Steve Stanley.......

Maybe his real name is Slim Shady?  :scratchchin:

I think the Oregon law sucks in this case. :icon_smile_angry:    If this happened in Michigan, the original owner would be getting his car back. See thread...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,111455.0.html
I remember the Corvette deal.    Guy got lucky....sort of.   Car was a mess but he did get it back..

hemi68charger

Quote from: ws23rt on July 18, 2014, 07:56:35 PM
This is way too simple---If the original owner was compensated by insurance than the insurance Co. owns the car. If that didn't happen than the original owner is still the owner.

Even if the car gets back to the owner, the original compensation at this point in time should be written off as "rent"......   ;)
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

6spd68

Since the case was reopened, and the car seized, could Lee Sitton not be charged with possession of stolen property?
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

Old Moparz

Oops, I reposted it after it didn't come up in a search.   :lol:

Sorry. :brickwall:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

TUFCAT

I read in another article that the original drivetrain is missing. It wasn't clear when it "got missing" though.  :P

ws23rt

I live in this area and remember seeing a green hemi cuda--Shaker hood-- at a shopping mall in the eighties.
It very well might be the same one considering how rare they are. :shruggy:
BTW I almost chased it to offer to buy it but that was a knee jerk instinct. I had no money to offer :slap: I do however have the memory :2thumbs:

OOps I totally forgot this is about a 440 6pac car. (I do have a reading disability and live in a remote place (left field) ) I have hemi in my head that overrides sometimes. So their is or was a fraternal twin to this car around hear that I wonder about.