News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who rebuilds switches?

Started by BananaDan, July 17, 2014, 01:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BananaDan

I seem to recall a member on here that offers switch rebuild services but I can't for the life of me find anything in searches.  Does anyone know who does this (member or anyone else)?  I need my wiper switch rebuilt.

Thanks,
BD
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Ghoste

It wasn't buried somewhere in Lilwendalls cluster resto thread was it?

BananaDan

Thanks, I just found it.  I thought he only did gauges and clusters but it seems he was doing everything.   :2thumbs:

He hasn't signed onto the site in a few years.  Anyone know if he's still around?  I'll e-mail him either way.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

fy469rtse

You might try a company called! Passion for mopars , they started off mainly doing the wiper motors, but these days just about do everything electrical , switches they have been doing for a while ,
Very good quality stuff, they have taken the pain out of a lot of parts for me over the years
There members on here, 
geoff

Brads70

Many of us know Jim personally, he is as honest as they come and does great work!  :2thumbs:

http://www.jsrestorations.com/

A383Wing

Passion does not do switches....I already tried them for my 66 power window master switch....still looking for a source

Dino

Quote from: A383Wing on July 17, 2014, 04:26:41 PM
Passion does not do switches....I already tried them for my 66 power window master switch....still looking for a source

If those use the same mechanism as the 69 switches, they are real easy to rebuild yourself.  All it is, is a bunch of brass tabs that come loose so all you do is bend them back to give them some spring.  The hardest part is opening up the switch without breaking the retaining tabs.  Yes I broke one...

Dan I just saw a wiper switch on ebay or CL for $30 so if all else fails...

They are probably pretty easy to rebuild as well so you may just want to give it a shot. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

A383Wing

nope..I'm not touching it...I know my limitations......besides, if I screw it up, I don't have a spare to take it's place

BananaDan

Thanks guys!  Yes, I know Kim @ Passion4Mopars, she rebuilt my motor.  We've already been trading e-mails and she thinks my problem might actually be in my wiper motor and not my switch.  She sent me some diags to perform.  I also found an old thread about JS Restorations which I have stored away safe and sound for when I need them.

Thanks!

:cheers:

Dino

Quote from: A383Wing on July 17, 2014, 10:03:07 PM
nope..I'm not touching it...I know my limitations......besides, if I screw it up, I don't have a spare to take it's place

I tend to find my limits when I go over them so I can't blame you.   :lol:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.