News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Visit to Graveyard Carz

Started by gibber, July 16, 2014, 04:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gibber

I was invited to visit Graveyard Carz with my friends who run Mr Moparts this past Thurs-Sun. What a great time! Mark Worman is one of the nicest and most accommodating men I have ever met. He and the rest of the GC crew went out of their way to make us feel welcome and put us to work helping them move parts to their new and much larger shop. I brought up a restored 1966 Dodge Charger instrument cluster and EL powerpack for their 1966 Hemi Charger they will be rebuilding next season. Fantastic group of guys, here is to hoping the show gets bigger and better as they move into their new shop. The quality of their restoration work has to been seen, the shots on TV just don't do the cars justice...... oh yes and Darren was missing in action for the pic, tho he did go out to dinner with us Sat night....

Mark
Mark Gibson
1966 and 67 Charger, 1968 D200 Pickup
Mopar Gauge Troubles? I can help!
www.thegaugedoc.com

Just 6T9 CHGR

Very cool!  :cheers:

Long Turd looks like a terrorist!  ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

gibber

Exactly what my wife said about him, lol!

Mark
Mark Gibson
www.thegaugedoc.com

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 16, 2014, 05:29:45 PM

Hassen bin Long Turd.  :lol:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 16, 2014, 06:15:57 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 16, 2014, 05:29:45 PM

Hassen bin Long Turd.  :lol:

All he needs is your Dirti Turbin!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

JR

Hold up, as someone who's never watched the show, does this guy really go by the nickname "Long Turd"?

Like, they got the deal to star in a reality show, were working out details and everything, and this guy actually decided to keep the name "Long Turd" to use on national television?

Jeeze, Jersey Shore's cast had more class than that.

That said, thats cool you got to go hang out there. They sound like nice guys.

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

bill440rt

Quote from: JR on July 16, 2014, 11:28:26 PM
Hold up, as someone who's never watched the show, does this guy really go by the nickname "Long Turd"?

Like, they got the deal to star in a reality show, were working out details and everything, and this guy actually decided to keep the name "Long Turd" to use on national television?

I think Mark gave him that nickname & it just stuck.
Pretty sure he gave all of them different complimentary nicknames: Chrome Dome, Chip, Long Turd, etc.
Nice boss.  ::)
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

hemi68charger

Sounds like it was a blast........  :2thumbs:

When I spoke to Mark on the phone about Tom's Daytona, he was nice... Nice "mopar" conversation......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

4cruzin

What happened to the girl that was working there?   :scratchchin:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

TUFCAT

Quote from: 4cruzin on July 17, 2014, 10:17:52 AM
What happened to the girl that was working there?   :scratchchin:

You must mean Holly.  :icon_smile_cool:

Earlier episodes had his daughter, (long turd's wife).  :drool5:   She's very cute...but unfortunately not on camera anymore.  :'(

Homerr

Quote from: bill440rt on July 17, 2014, 06:54:02 AM

Pretty sure he gave all of them different complimentary nicknames: Chrome Dome, Chip, Long Turd, etc.

It seems like Mark has a generous side but he also has a side that is very critical and demeaning - verbally abusive really.  His rants are included as part of the added 'drama' that he seems to think the show needs.

I personally think the show would be 10x better if the drama crap wasn't there and Darren was fired.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Homerr on July 17, 2014, 10:52:14 AM

It seems like Mark has a generous side but he also has a side that is very critical and demeaning - verbally abusive really.  His rants are included as part of the added 'drama' that he seems to think the show needs.

I personally think the show would be 10x better if the drama crap wasn't there and Darren was fired.

It's all show.. Think of Mark as a Mopar Archie Bunker...

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Mytur Binsdirti

If that's the case, Daryl is definitely Meathead.     :yesnod:

BananaDan

Quote from: bill440rt on July 17, 2014, 06:54:02 AM

Keep in mind that they're all friends from their high school years or longer.  I was turned off initially by his attitude and the "drama" but after watching it for a while I've started to understand it's just a really REALLY dry sense of humor he has rather than actually being as pompous as he comes off.  However, the drama could be dialed down and the Mopars could be dialed up.  Who gives a crap about seeing about the custom theater he built in his old building?  I also like that the show promotes and educates the Mopar sub-culture and history of these cars versus other shows that have a few knuckleheads running around a garage throwing together the car of the day to flip.  I have no opinion on the work they do as I haven't seen any of their work up close.  I just enjoy the cars.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

gibber

I think you will see much more Mopar tech items and less drama this year.....they have heard the feedback from previous years episodes. Also Mark is on the hook for 26 episodes a year vs 13.

Mark
Mark Gibson
www.thegaugedoc.com

Wicked72

Tony Mopar lives about 15 min from me and i talked to him about the show and he said they were awsome to hangout with for sure! Would love to check them out one day and drive up in my car.
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Homerr

Hopefully they point the camera at some cars being worked on for the extra 13 episodes of material instead of, "Bring the camera - we're going out to the parking lot to find something to argue about."

Ghoste

And the "interview" after the fight with the individual participants.  ::)