News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Me and the '69 back in the day. (1981-1984)

Started by Old Moparz, March 16, 2006, 09:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

:D  Bull started this but I didn't want to hijack his thread, so here's the only shots I have of my Charger. (Almost) It looked just as nice as Bull's did, so you can go look at his thread to see what mine was like, except it was a '69 with a black vinyl top & a tan interior.  ;D  Same color red, & just a 383-4V car, but fun to romp on. Automatic 727, buddy seat, A/C, wood grain dash & wheel.

The 1st photo is the Charger's roof behind the POS '71 Lincoln I was selling. I had that on the road for about a month until the transmission stopped transmitting. The brunette was my girlfriend at the time who brought over her camera & tripod to take the pics so I can place a b&w ad in the Want Ad Press. (I was too poor to buy a camera from all the car repair bills.)

The happy K-9 was my long time pal "Tiger" who was far from normal. If anyone remembers some of the posts on the old site about him, they'll agree. Like the time I had a BBQ with a keg of beer. He ate about a dozen whole hotdogs without chewing any. Everyone felt sorry for the poor, sad looking & hungry dog, so they all tossed whole hotdogs to him. I know he didn't chew because they came back up the same way a few minutes later & sent people fleeing from disgust to do the same.  :smilielol:

The 2nd pic is her & I before I started going gray, which was about a month later. I think this was around 1982 or 1983, which pegs me at either 20 or 21 years old. I had my girlfriend, my Charger, my dog, my job, no responsibilities, & wouldn't have changed a thing. All was cool.  :icon_smile_cool:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

bull

rare69

jaak

I see the roofline on the other side of the Land Yacht.  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Jason

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Old Moparz

Found another pic of an old Mopar I had, a 1970 Coronet "Deluxe" with a slant 6. Paid $100 for it in 1984, drove it for about 8 months & traded it for a set of chrome Magnum 500's & $75 cash from a guy I worked with. This photo was at Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ at the end of the day. I ran over my friend Jim, (who I lost touch with over the years) so AL decided to kick him while he was down. (lost touch with him too.) John was on the roof, who I still talk to regularly & have known since the 4th grade. I trailered his car to VA when he moved there about a year ago & will hook up with him at Spring Carlisle in April.

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

tan top

Quote from: rare69 on March 16, 2006, 10:00:45 PM
i diddnt know andy gibb had a charger! ;D
:iagree:    :scope: just see the roof   thanks for sharing
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

greenpigs

I think I see some of your GF boobs....THANKS!
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Old Moparz

Quote from: greenpigs on March 17, 2006, 07:58:45 AM
I think I see some of your GF boobs....THANKS!

Clark Kent would be proud of you for that. :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Old Moparz

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 17, 2006, 12:25:24 PM
is the girlfriend now your spouse?

No.

Here's a pic of my wife, (in the center from around 1986?) who I met a year or so later. I don't know who the clown is, nor the person with the red hair & the bow tie.

This is her & the Duster she had just after we took it off the road in 1992. Too much frame, firewall & floor rust to be safe to drive. It ran great with 247,000 miles when we gave it away as a parts car.

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

doctorpimp

I thought it was Will Ferrell...More Cowbell :icon_smile_big:

'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

Old Moparz

Quote from: doctorpimp on March 17, 2006, 01:14:40 PM
I thought it was Will Ferrell...More Cowbell :icon_smile_big:

I never had curls, just gray.  ::)

Though, I did hear from a lot of people after I had gotten my haircut that I looked like Chuck Norris. The closest thing I can relate to with karate, or any other martial arts, is that I once had a bath robe that looked like the ones they wear when you break wood or bricks with your head. Here's me after I turned down the role for one of the movies Chuck Norris did in the mid to late 80's.

Here's an old photo of my Scamp before I had it redone. This was in PA coming back from Carlisle one year, maybe 1990. The rust just started in the quarters back then, & the front passenger fender had been repainted a different shade of yellow by a previous owner. I got it in 1988 & still have it.

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

THE CHARGER PUNK

that 70 coronet deluxe would be cool to have with a 528 crate hemi in it-MATT

Old Moparz

Here's a few from around 1990. My friend Craig, his 440-6V, 4 speed Bird, & my wife. He's had the bird since 1972 & it still has the original 6V motor. The car is in need of some frame & body rust repair, but may be back on the road by next year,

A '68 Barracuda convertble I found at a yard sale once, for $600 in the early 90's. It ran & drove, & I scraped up $300 more in some parts, but sold it to a friend for $900 who's restoring it with his son.

Me & this brainless cat we have last November, Thanksgiving weekend. Uglier & older, but I did outlive Andy Gibb. :D

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

greenpigs

As soon as I see some gray in my hair I was going to let it grow out like a hippies also.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Just 6T9 CHGR

Bob, when did you grow long hair??   I dont remember that at Carlisle last year.....was it under the hat?? ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Old Moparz

Quote from: greenpigs on March 18, 2006, 04:15:48 PM
As soon as I see some gray in my hair I was going to let it grow out like a hippies also.

Better hope you still have enough hair.  :D

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on March 18, 2006, 04:58:34 PM
Bob, when did you grow long hair?? I dont remember that at Carlisle last year.....was it under the hat?? ;)

Chris,

Yes, a hat & a ponytail. I've saved enough money from the haircut fund to but car parts. Always trying to find new ways to be a tightwad. Also have to gather everyone at Carlisle to go to Nathan's Cafe & be able to buy a round. Best food in that area.   :cheers:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Old Moparz on March 18, 2006, 08:08:13 PM

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on March 18, 2006, 04:58:34 PM
Bob, when did you grow long hair?? I dont remember that at Carlisle last year.....was it under the hat?? ;)

Also have to gather everyone at Carlisle to go to Nathan's Cafe & be able to buy a round. Best food in that area.   :cheers:

Im down!! :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chris G.

Great pics Bob. I need to know though...were you also wearing leather pants in that picture with the clown? Come clean with the truth. :yesnod:

Nathan's Cafe? I'm in too.  :cheers:  Are you bringing your RR this year?

Old Moparz

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on March 19, 2006, 07:47:39 AM
Great pics Bob. I need to know though...were you also wearing leather pants in that picture with the clown? Come clean with the truth. :yesnod:

Nathan's Cafe? I'm in too.  :cheers:  Are you bringing your RR this year?

I don't recall if I wore them or not, but mine were gray, so I don't think I would have worn that shirt with them. I may have had my leather thong with the rhinestones on in that pic, but I guess we'll never know. :D

I definitely want to bring the Road Runner to Carlisle, I just hope it all goes together without any issues. I dropped the transmission & the flywheel off at the machine shop 2 weekends ago so he can disassemble & inspect it, & clean up the flywheel. (North Jersey Performance & Machine in Emerson, NJ) I'm ordering a new clutch, pressure plate & scattershield too. I needed the bellhousing when I got the car, but after watching a few on ebay get to almost $300, I said screw it. One even had damage to a bolt hole, so I want new for that kind of cash.

He's got the rear end housing for my Scamp as well. I gave him a sure grip unit to put in while he has it apart. It'll be nice to have the 8-3/4" instead of the 7-1/4" that's in the car. Once I get that back I'll do the swap & get the driveshaft cut & put the new brake lines in. If all goes well, the Scamp will be done before the Road Runner. If my wife wants to go to Carlisle this year, she'll drive the Road Runner & I'll drive the Scamp. She loves driving a manual trans & hates driving the Scamp because of the 4 tiny pet dishes that Chrysler used in place of drums for the brakes.  ::)

MMMM, Nathan's Cafe!  :drool5:  I'm hungry.

http://www.nathanscafe.com/

I can taste it now.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Charger_Fan

Great buncha pics, Moparz! :thumbs:
I didn't know you had long hair either. Mine was about that length until 3 or 4 years ago, when I decided I was looking rediculous because of hair loss on the front...I was looking more like Gallagher (sp?) all the time. ::) When I cut it off, my kids were laughing & half the people at work didn't recognize me from the back. :lol:

You wanna know the best part I like about cutting my hair?? NOT RUNNING OVER IT ON A CREEPER ANYMORE! :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Old Moparz

Charger Fan,

Fortunately for me I had one of those "really cheap" creepers made of thin balsa wood. Someone gave it to me one year, but since I never had a garage with a concrete floor, I never used it. When I did finally have my garage, the first time I went to use the creeper my ass went straight through the wood & bottomed out on the concrete floor. I guess that saved me from having my hair caught in the wheels. :D

I always liked using a large sheet of cardboard to lay on under the car anyway. You have a few more inches of clearance compared to the creeper which seems to help with leverage at times. I do have the lift now, so that was nice the first time I used it. Of course since the car on it doesn't run & I can't drive it off to use it, I still use the cardboard on the floor until I assemble the other lift someday.  ::)

Here's another pic with a handful of Mopars back in the mid 80's. The Duster was my wife's '75, (we were only dating back then) that we had just found. She paid $900 for it, & all it needed was paint & an alignment. She never painted it even though we did plan it.

The rest of the cars were my '69 Satellite ragtop with my custom duct tape roof that I spray painted so it didn't look like duct tape. I did that to get through winter that year & got a new top in the spring. The brown Dart was my sister's car, a '73 with a 318 I found for $150, & the one in the back was a 1973 New Yorker.

The New Yorker frame got bent in a curb incident when I avoided some moron who slid into the middle of an intersection during a snow storm. I didn't get it fixed since I only paid $225 for it, but kept the 440 & the fresh 727 in it. That's the one saved for my Charger.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry