News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Please help me find my dream 68!

Started by euroZ06, February 25, 2016, 02:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

euroZ06

So a few years ago i got this idea that i wanted to fullfil my childhood dream and buy a 68. My budget was low, and as long i searched, i couldnt find one... There were a few cars that i found in 18-25k range, but that was over my budget back then. A nice 73 charger came up, had a 4spd manual and a 440 from a 68, car was in good condition, so i decided to pull the trigger. I had that car for two years, and it traveled with me from NJ to cali and then to germany (im in the military). So, now im germany, and after some thinking i decided to sell my 73 (next maintanance project was a bit much for me to handle... I couldnt figure out the vibrations i had, and to dig deeper would mean spending lots of money). So after a week of being for sale, i had a buyer come and buy the car on the spot (germans love these things), so my budget increased now. I tried searchig again for a 68, but i cant find anything decent in my price range... the price range that they were in just two years ago. Please help me finding one! I want to make my dream a reality! Must be a 68, but might consider a 70 (or a challenger).

So im looking for a 68, prefer big block (383, 440). Auto or manual. Good body, but dont care about the paint (ill probably vinyl it into black). Must be in good mechanical condition, with all electronics working (inspection here in germany is tough). I dont mind it needing some stuff, but needs to be drivable, just nothing major.

Price range $18-28k. Location doesnt really matter, ill have to fly over anyway, but prefer near a port city.

68 charger, 383, 727, 3.55

euroZ06

Ive seen that one, but interior is comepletely out, which would have been fine, but the motor is not hooked up and not running. I think ive seen a fs add for it, and they actually want close to $30 in as is condition. I really need a car that can drive to and from port, pass the inspection here (drivetrain, suspension, lighting in working order). This car looks like a bit too much of a project for me. If it was $15k, then maaaybe.

euroZ06

I cant find any on ebay, craigs list is hard, dunno where to look for. Please assist. Where else can i look?

VegasCharger

Here's one rust free (so he says) from AZ with a 440. He claims he drives this Charger in it's current condition. Pics looks like he drove it to a local car show. Interesting for sure especially if it is original rust free sheet metal.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/5406294530.html

euroZ06

Quote from: VegasCharger on February 28, 2016, 01:14:02 AM
Here's one rust free (so he says) from AZ with a 440. He claims he drives this Charger in it's current condition. Pics looks like he drove it to a local car show. Interesting for sure especially if it is original rust free sheet metal.

Thank you! I contacted the seller to get a better idea about the car. How much do u think it would cost to put it all together/finish it up?

I also found some dealer that has a 68, comes with 383, body is prepped, but not painted, the car is all apart though (interior is out, engine and tranny is out), and they want $20k. They said another $10k and they will put it together, but that seems a bit steep and even then no guarantee that the car will be running right

stripedelete

Quote from: euroZ06 on February 27, 2016, 08:08:00 PM
I cant find any on ebay, craigs list is hard, dunno where to look for. Please assist. Where else can i look?

Try delayed gratification.   Wait until you can afford $40k and avoid all the grief. 

You're going to get to AT LEAST that number soon enough with a project. :Twocents:

Artur

Check this http://www.blocket.se/halland/Charger_68_64967063.htm?ca=16&w=3 
I have had contact with the seller and he can sell the car for 30k. why not import from Sweden? it will be much cheaper for you and the car is inspected and approved here in Sweden . Then you can not be any problems and have it approved in Germany

VegasCharger

Quote from: euroZ06 on February 28, 2016, 05:50:58 AM
Quote from: VegasCharger on February 28, 2016, 01:14:02 AM

Thank you! I contacted the seller to get a better idea about the car. How much do u think it would cost to put it all together/finish it up?

Probably at least 10k. Did you actually speak to the seller about the Charger?

euroZ06

Quote from: Artur on February 28, 2016, 02:02:29 PM
Check this http://www.blocket.se/halland/Charger_68_64967063.htm?ca=16&w=3 
I have had contact with the seller and he can sell the car for 30k. why not import from Sweden? it will be much cheaper for you and the car is inspected and approved here in Sweden . Then you can not be any problems and have it approved in Germany

Thank you soo much! I just spoke to him, he doesnt speak too good english, and i only saw one pic on the site, but if its in good condition, im might jump on this. Ill just fly over and pick it up.

He does have it listed for €37k, did u mean he'll go down to €30k or $30k?

Once again thanks!

Artur

euroZ06

So it seems that getting a car from sweden is more complex than getting one from the states. Mainly the financial transaction is what makes it difficult (can't pay cash  :shruggy: )

So i'd like to bump this thread! Perhaps someone sees something. I currently have hots for the 68 charger that is in the F/S section, but the guy doesn't answer his phone and hasn't replied to my messages on here.

I bumped a my budget to $35k.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: euroZ06 on March 22, 2016, 02:50:45 AM
So it seems that getting a car from sweden is more complex than getting one from the states. Mainly the financial transaction is what makes it difficult (can't pay cash  :shruggy: )

So i'd like to bump this thread! Perhaps someone sees something. I currently have hots for the 68 charger that is in the F/S section, but the guy doesn't answer his phone and hasn't replied to my messages on here.

I bumped a my budget to $35k.

35k man your choices are almost unlimited at that budget...hell my 68 could be yours, but I couldn't rip off a fellow member.  :icon_smile_big:

euroZ06

well, at $35 i'd like a complete restored car, with a big block and prefer a black one (or blue). I've seen a red one, with questionable restoration. That is about it at 35.