News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

paramagnetic paint

Started by rt green, July 30, 2014, 12:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rt green

anyone heard of it? you can change colors with your cell phone.    a work buddy showed me on facebook.  something called  DONK RIDES. pretty cool
third string oil changer

rt green

screw donk rides. found it on you tube.  color changing paint.    check it out
third string oil changer

Indygenerallee

All those videos are fake (Adobe illustrator/photoshop) There is currently NO paint on the market that will do that. Just image running cables between each and every panel to conduct the circuit!! Plastic bumpers do not conduct electricity!!!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Ghoste

Not even James Bond's car?

rt green

well, i'm old. they seem to be able to do everything else these days. ya never know anymore
third string oil changer

Ghoste

Maybe they'll invent it in time for F&F 12 (or whatever they're up to now) and Dom and the crew can phone in color changes on their machines to throw off the bad guys and cops.  :D

Mytur Binsdirti

Paramagnetic paint? Sounds like it's some sort of handicap.

Ghoste

It is if your cell phone dies right when you need a change.

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: Indygenerallee on July 30, 2014, 09:40:09 PM
All those videos are fake (Adobe illustrator/photoshop) There is currently NO paint on the market that will do that. Just image running cables between each and every panel to conduct the circuit!! Plastic bumpers do not conduct electricity!!!

Ahh, but there is a way to make plastic do just that through chemical engineering with doped nanomaterials in the matrix.  It would be expensive to do right now, so do not expect it to happen any time soon on a production car from the big three.  The electrical color changing paint will eventually happen, but it will not likely be released on the market anytime soon.  I am aware of some of the research projects that are currently working on it...
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Indygenerallee

QuoteAhh, but there is a way to make plastic do just that through chemical engineering with doped nanomaterials in the matrix.  It would be expensive to do right now, so do not expect it to happen any time soon on a production car from the big three.  The electrical color changing paint will eventually happen, but it will not likely be released on the market anytime soon.  I am aware of some of the research projects that are currently working on it...
Totally correct Chad!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

rt green

AND if they can get more than three people to watch honey boo boo, anything is possible
third string oil changer