News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Bison Testicle '68 Charger R/T on ebay

Started by Daytona R/T SE, July 08, 2014, 08:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I'll skip the snow and the hail thanks.  It is interesting to to find out Bison Testicle isn't universal though.

Old Moparz

Damn.....That thing has so much rust if it fell on you it wouldn't hurt......But you'd be rubbing crap out of your eyes for days.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on July 09, 2014, 08:27:53 AM

What's the story?

It's a P.O.S.

The history? 

It looks like it's been a P.O.S. for a while now. 

X2

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on July 09, 2014, 05:41:47 PM
Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on July 09, 2014, 01:19:09 PM

Could someone explain the "bison testicle" part?  

You must be very young.  ;)

Back during our nation's Bicentennial...

We heard the word " Bicentennial " so often that we started saying "Bison Testicle" as a joke.

We had Bicentennial everything:

Trash cans, cars, pencils, you name it, if it existed back in '76, somebody had a Bicentennial version of it.  ;)
Ahh, 1976.  Good year....

I have a large "Spirit of '76" rug and penny bank (shaped like a Liberty bell, given away by a local bank) in my bedroom.  The bank is filled with Bicentennial quarters/halves/dollars (and $2 bills) that I found over the years in change, something my late father taught me to do.  I still can remember the Bicentennial celebration fireworks and hoopla that year even though I was only three years old at the time.  Last year, I sold a "Spirit of 76" Chevy 4x4 (complete with the 400) to a guy who wanted a mud bogger for his girlfriend.  She left him a few months after that, go figure....

The vintage Americana paint is cool on the RT, but the underneath is a bit crispy for my taste....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

polywideblock

man that isn't crusty its RUSTY    :yesnod:

still have the spirit of 76 kiss tour mirror on my wall   ;D   

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Daytona R/T SE

I remember back in '76 one of the three...

Yes,

THREE   :o

TV networks having a segment between commercials...

Called the "Bicentennial Moment"

It went something like this :

"On this day in 1776"...

"George Washington took a shit".  ::)

...And this has been our Bicentennial Moment... ;)

kab69440

Is that the much ballyhooed "mystery plug" on the firewall of that '68?
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Stevearino

:o Are those wing mounting holes in the quarters? :o

Pat1973charger

Bob T

Cant believe the pedal mod didnt rate a mention.
Design genius, probably for when the guy drove in said Bison Testicle parades with his big clown shoes on I guess
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Ghoste

73rallye440magnum

To be honest I'm surprised it didn't get a bunch of bids.  :shruggy:

I've seen cars that need just as much work but with a better outward appearance fetch twice his asking price. Stuff that is easy for a body and paint guy to spot isn't so apparent to the untrained eye.
WTB- 68 or 69 project

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8, XH29G0