News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another Edelbrock carb about to be sold. No good on a 440.

Started by 74Rallye, July 13, 2014, 08:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74Rallye

I started with a warmed over 440/auto and an Edelbrock 750. Dead spot on the bottom end that could never be tuned out. Sold it and bought an Eddy 800. Same problem. Built a new 440 and had the carb tuned on the dyno. Installed a 4sp with the new engine. The carb totally sucks below 2500 rpm. The engine dies instantly if engaging the clutch below 2500 rpm. Broke the yoke and rear U-joint. It was a little better with the timing backed down, but still not drivable in anything close to a normal manner.
Today I took an Eddy 600 and set it up a little rich and put it on the 440. It's SO much better to drive!!! It's a temporary fix until I buy the correct sized Holley.

I would like to know if anyone has ever cured the 440 bottom end dead spot on a Eddy 750 - 800 cfm carb? This engine has about 8-9 lbs vacuum at idle due to the cam.

This is what I've done to my Eddy 800:
- Drill an extra hole on the pump-shot arm for increased travel
- Drill the squirters to a larger diameter.
- Tried running it rich.
- Spent days re-jetting and tuning.
- Replaced the step-up springs.
- Set the timing for 20 degrees max adv. De-tuning the engine provided the best result of anything.
- NEXT: Sell it and buy a Holley.

c00nhunterjoe

Depending on how much motor you have, i would run an 850dp on a mild 440 and a 950dp on a hotter one.