News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

please close and delete this topic

Started by knightprowl, July 10, 2014, 06:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar Nut

Quote from: knightprowl on July 10, 2014, 06:23:00 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows the true horsepower and torque of a 1969 dodge charger 383 four barrel(not the 383 magnum). I know it is said to be 330 horsepower and 425 foot pounds of torque but I would like to know the true numbers for this engine in stock form. I am guessing it is something around 370 horsepower and 450 foot pounds of torque but that is just me guessing. However I believe it would be something along these lines give or take a 15 to 25 horsepower and foot pounds of torque difference. But if anyone knows the true horsepower and torque for the 383 four barrel or a rough estimate that is more accurate then mine then please let me know.

Thank you and Peace.
deleted HP deleted FPT but don't delete me on that.

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

myk

Depends. Are we talking bone stock from the factory?  With some miles on it?  Rebuild with mild performance parts?  Regardless, only a chassis dyno could know the truth...

1974dodgecharger

The day I got my dyno my butterflies could only open up halfway.  I was able to get 300/385ft-lbs that day and was happy considering the fact I was running Donka rear rims thus lowering my numbers but not by much.  Engine on dyno alone did do 500hp when built.

http://youtu.be/hkJXJ5DjsM0

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: knightprowl on July 11, 2014, 01:12:30 AM
I meant bone stock from the factory myk. But it don't matter anyways. I was just curious about the 383 because no one that I know of has mentioned it. they have mentioned the true horsepower and torque for the 440 and 426 hemi and even the 340 on some sites but not about the 383 as far as I am aware of. So if you know the answer then please let me know. If not then oh well. Thanks none the less.

Did u see the chally before me? That was a bone stock fresh build.  I talked to owner before he went up while we were in line.  He had a non matching 440 in it then put back the matching 383 new built to factory spec minus the .30 since it was an original block.  He has had that car since him and his wife met....that is the true to the wheel for that year chally 383 right there if that aint evidence enough u mind as well quote google numbers....

BSB67

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

Kern Dog

Here is another selfish dolt that USES the generosity of the board then leaves here like a cheap prostitute.
have some consideration for someone other than yourself.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Kern Dog on July 11, 2014, 04:02:16 PM
Here is another selfish dolt that USES the generosity of the board then leaves here like a cheap prostitute.
have some consideration for someone other than yourself.

Man, I agree makes u not want to post since it's a waste of time.